Which LCD TV with a LESS Budget?

I guess, during Independece day there will be huge discounts on all electronics items. Please give a visit to Reliance or EZONE. What I says buy a LCD which have at least 2 HDMI port, believe it will be very useful while watching movies in any formats.

I have a sony 32 inch tv in my house and i sometimes visit another flat which is in thane for personal work once in 2 months for few days.other days it is empty. can you suggest a cheap tv which suffices this purpose. alternatively can you all suggest any other ways to view tv say by internet. I know most channels come online on tv. however viewing on tv is much better than the small screen in lcd. i have a reliance netconnect so internet is not a problem. I was also thinking of lcd monitor which may serve the purpose.

If you can manage a low end computer with an inbuilt HDMI out , nothing like it.
There are cheap intel and AMD processors now and all of them can manage HD resolution with ease.
Rest if you are thinking of a combo, i would suggest coupling a panasonic LCD with a low power HTPC.
The benefit being of 3 years warranty and relatively cheap than a samsung.

If you can manage a low end computer with an inbuilt HDMI out , nothing like it.
There are cheap intel and AMD processors now and all of them can manage HD resolution with ease.
Rest if you are thinking of a combo, i would suggest coupling a panasonic LCD with a low power HTPC.
The benefit being of 3 years warranty and relatively cheap than a samsung.
Sorry didnt understand about your comments. It be helpful if you can say in laymans language :sorry: what i have is reliance netconnect. rest whatever is required i need to buy. if something comes below 10k then it is good.

I just searched for HTPC. Let me understand it a bit more on the web. Seems interesting

Last edited:
I did some searching on the web. HTPC concept seems good, but all looks costly. can you suggest something which is cheaper alternative. Would be great if can use skype too.

depends on the budget . one can fit almost anything. if you have an old laptop/netbook with an hdmi out even that can be put to use.

meanwhile read up some links

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fusion-intel-core-i3_5.html#sect0

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/processors/368869/amd-fusion-for-desktops

the current pricing for them would be much lower and for the application those are bang for buck.

ram prices are at an all time low.

motherboard and cpu are relatively cheap for that application.

the display/monitor would be your LCD tv. one can even manage a tv without much post processing since for tweaking the post processing could be managed by that htpc too.

Last edited:
the display/monitor would be your LCD tv. one can even manage a tv without much post processing since for tweaking the post processing could be managed by that htpc too.
Hi Superbad, I did some more research and found that all in one desktop cost around 20K . Do you think it will be good enough for my purpose. A little shopping might fetch bit less. Only concern will be keeping it idle for long periods should not spoil it.

Hi Superbad, I did some more research and found that all in one desktop cost around 20K . Do you think it will be good enough for my purpose. A little shopping might fetch bit less. Only concern will be keeping it idle for long periods should not spoil it.
the thing with all in one pcs. Not sure if its standard across.
The warranty will be dependent on the OEM. which i heard is 1 year in most cases as opposed to 3 years if we build an assembled one ourselves.
Problem in flexibility. Might be problematic to do an upgrade down the years since many of these pcs come with a custom made form factor.

Pros.
Legit OS bundled.
Low on space requirement.
If it has an HDMI out than it should suffice.

Rest depends upon your custom needs.

the thing with all in one pcs. Not sure if its standard across.
The warranty will be dependent on the OEM. which i heard is 1 year in most cases as opposed to 3 years if we build an assembled one ourselves.
Problem in flexibility. Might be problematic to do an upgrade down the years since many of these pcs come with a custom made form factor.
But do you thing it lying around the house not utilized for most of the period , will it start malfunctioning if used after long periods. Say i visit there twice in a year so will there be any issue

It should not be a problem.
You just need to dust it off occasionally as dust is an enemy of all electronic appliances.

It should not be a problem.
You just need to dust it off occasionally as dust is an enemy of all electronic appliances.
Thanks buddy for all the help. I have got enough pointers to do some R&D and see what is best for me. Will keep you posted with my solution.

I believe buy TV PC only if you need both else go for any LCD TV. TV PC require more space and suitable furniture also while LCD you just need to fix on the wall thats all. In PC, these day the Monitors are LCD TV. These days in 20000 you can get so many option.These days you may get good festive discount also.

I believe buy TV PC only if you need both else go for any LCD TV. TV PC require more space and suitable furniture also while LCD you just need to fix on the wall thats all. In PC, these day the Monitors are LCD TV. These days in 20000 you can get so many option.These days you may get good festive discount also.
Yes I require both hence , just can plug in the reliance and browse.
Btw got this while browsing EVO TV.

AMKETTE - EvoTV

Looks interesting. What do you guys say ?

I am not sure if it would be compatible to your usb modem.
There are alternatives too with asus o play and wd tv live but they would work only of normal broadband connection.

If it works with your netconnect , then it might be just what you wanted.

Top Bottom