Which LCD TV with a LESS Budget?

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
Hi guys, I have a Samsung 21" TV at home, but one cant manage with a single tv for 4 members. Hence, a thought came in my mind for a new TV.
As the space is less for another dabba type TV, was thinking of a New LCD tv.[:)]. But the budget, Have not yet decided but it can exceed upto 30k If the thing is worth it.

I want the TV to be :
1. From a reputed brand (Samsung , LG, etc)
2. Atleast greater than 21" but not more than 32".
3. Sticky to the wall[:D]
4. Under my budget.

The thread is based on "THE CHEAP THE BETTER".

Waiting eagerly for your suggestions!

Thanks!

I feel you should be happy with LG 32 inch lcd's you can get them for 28,000 odd with 720p Hd or 1080p , you can check out there websites where they would have mentioned price,but in stores some outdated models with same features can go for even lesser if you show them you have knowledge that its outdated,you can check out Samsung & if you want some Snob value stretch for the same thing you would get in the Samsung & get the Sony.My computer screen is a Sony 40 inch :biggrin:

Close your eyes and go for a 32" Panasonic Viera. Should get it for under Rs. 25000. fantastic picture quality and best budget price. 5 star energy rating. You will not regret the decision.

what is your preference?

do you want your TV to play various formats through a USB pen drive?

do u need a HD display or a HD ready display?

this might be needed to watch HD videos or SD content on your cable/ DTH.

answer these questions and you could be better streamlined for choices available.

my preferences samsung 32 " 32D550.

fits all your criteria.

else panasonic for 3 years warranty but i doublt you will get media playback along with it.

also if you intend to purchase a dedicated media player later then buy a sony cx 420 [:)]

Thread Starter #6

lxi.

Suspended
I went to a Local Shop which is a very trusty shop over here. Almost all my electronics are from there (Computer Screen 20", Samsung dabba TV 21", 5.1 Home theater system, Fridge, AC, Washing Machine and All).

He said, that three brands are running these days-
SAMSUNG, LG AND PANASONIC

he said if you are not having enough budget , then you can go for LG or Samsung as Panasonic range is on a bit higher side.

He showed me the TVs from outside (without watching anything) and the price qouted was-

SAMSUNG 26" : RS.21500
SAMSUNG 32" : RS.27000 (TILTED TOWARDS IT BECAUSE YE DIL MANGE MORE)
LG 26" : RS.19500.

Let me know which price is ok for the screem size?
I have to decide between these 3 only!

Thanks for inputs!

The samsung range dont just go for the inches.
Ask for specific models.
Check for indicative prices of those models On sites like flipkart,adexmart.
This will help you in negotiations on the pricing.
If you are ok with the grey stuff do check for ebay with the "dealer warranty" type of products. Those will be better priced since those are direct imports from bangkok with No warranty support.

Good luck with your purchase.

If the product mentioned is a 32D550 do check for the version of the tv.
It can be seen through the right side flap of the box.

If given an option insist for a "SQ" version.
Though not noticeable unless an non SQ version is placed along side an SQ version.
The advantage on an SQ being better viewing angles.
Production wise it is the best panel in its class.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

lxi.

Suspended
Thanks Shailinder! The 32" Samsung also looked fabulous. Looked small though! :P

Superbaad : nope, i am not buying it online! Otherwise I would have bought it from Homeshop 18 from where i have got goods worth some 20k!

Last edited:
Thanks Shailinder! The 32" Samsung also looked fabulous. Looked small though! :P

Superbaad : nope, i am not buying it online! Otherwise I would have bought it from Homeshop 18 from where i have got goods worth some 20k!
No friend it is not small. I mean if you are comparing it with 42" then of course it is small but from 21" it is not and you will not feel it small. How about visiting a dealer and checking the size there but I doubt that you will be able to judge it there as well because between different sizes the true size in real world would be different for 32".

But there is no harm in trying I guess. [cheers]

I am not saying you buy it online.
I am saying to try to know more about each models by seeing their specifications on those websites.
I myself had bought a samsung 40D550 during diwali last year and i had Gone through the same ordeal.

The prices on those websites help you to better negotiate with the shopkeeper.

Eg: stores like e-zone were quoting Me upto 50k for the tv.
It was only when i saw the prices on flipkart i got An idea i could get mine around 43k.

And finally deal was struck at 42.5k.
So it is better to be prepared in that respect.

Hi Lxi,

Recent players have come up with very good resolutions & quality of work, such as Panasonic, LG, Sansui. But legends like SONY & SAMSUNG are still leading the way, if you are a hard core fan of action movies I would prefer you go for any one either SONY or SAMSUNG with a DTH, trust me the experience is amazing, I bought a SONY 32" & recently upgraded to a Home Theatre System, Iam completely loving the actions movies & Sports channels, If you are planning to buy it as an upgrade only, I would say any other brands will serve the purpose, Good Luck for your upcoming Gadget !! Share your experience;)

Santosh.V
Drive Safe.

Thread Starter #13

lxi.

Suspended
THanks SantoshV. I am having a 5.1 Home theater system and am thinking of attaching it with the TV as i dont listen to comp. songs anymore.

Superbad : Ok, now i am clear on what you are saying. Actually i dont know the model right now, otherwise i would have checked price on online sites. I will go for the details and the model on this weekend.

Guys, I'm looking to buy a cheap LCD for bed room. How about This???

Requirements are quite simple.
1) 24"+ size
2) LCD / LED is ok
3) Should have HDMI (I mainly use it to connect laptop)
4) Audio - a decent output is sufficient
5) Brand - Anything that could be easily serviced in Chennai
6) Budget - 15k max (may stretch another 2k for 32")

Top Bottom