Which Laptop Under Rs.35K? (Bought Sony Vaio)

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys i am looking for a laptop in the range of 25k-35k for myself.

However i have shortlisted Samsung Laptops with Full HD LED displays.

So which one can i go apart from Samsung in the similar price bracket.

And any suggestions whether i should go for AMD or Intel Processors.

With decent graphics card.

Re: Which laptop to go for? Budget 25k-35k

I don know about Samsung but there is one model in Acer for 33k. Core i3 processor , 320GB HDD , 2GB RAM , 15.6" HD LCD screen and also a decent graphics card.

350Z

Core Team

I myself wasn’t a techie or much knowledgeable about current Gadgets scenario until I bought HCL Laptop after thoroughly surveying in the market. But reason for buying HCL? The Reliability factor. I’ve been a long-term HCL customer and highly impressed with their reliability ever since my HCL Desktop performed over six years without a bit of trouble. Please elaborate on your exact requirements so that members can help out. And personally, I’d recommend either HCL or Acer. (Read This)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Why don't you try Dell(Vostro's & Inspiron's) will fit your bill, you can customize the configuration according to your needs. I have been using dell inspiron for the past 3 years without any hiccup(touchwood).
AMD processors were quite good(and IMO better than intel) until dual core architecture came, IMO go for an i3.
You should check the models yourself on dell.co.in

Last edited:

.....AMD processors were quite good(and IMO better than intel).....
AMD is good except for the poor battery life and prompt heat (read heeeeeeat)

Stick to i3 processor, doesn't matter which brand the outer shell may be.

PS : I am a AMD user for past 11 years (switched between Intel & AMD several times for Pros and Cons of both processors)

Thread Starter #6
Re: Which Laptop to Go For? Budget 25k - 35k

Thanks for all the reply guys.

Still i am confused with so many options available in the market.

And regarding HCL i saw many laptops, they are heavy.

I am looking for light weight laptops.

The only thing that make a laptop good or bad is the power source. If not properly assembled the laptop will go kaput damaging the storage and ram chips. You can take any brand, the outer shell will contribute more on the weight, as the internal organs of a laptop are nearly same; as none of the vendors build the components themselves they outsource these and assemble it.

A thumb rule which I have read elsewhere is

For gaming : AMD (parallel processing is slower than Intel so multi-application processing at the same time will make you go [frustration])
For Others: Intel

My acer laptop (celeron, 512 mb ram, 40gig hdd) is still up and running(on a.c. power source, only the battery has gone kaput, but not to blame acer, its been 7 years now and the battery was dead last year)

maybe i am wrong on some points, but just telling you about my experiences.

I am using Hp for last 4 years without any problem( touch wood ), but seen other people having many problems with HP. Dell is good but for it's service factor , just checkout the service in your city. ( i've heard you have to book and pay in advance for service of Dell laptops ). Sony waio is also good but expensive.

You can go in for Lenovo which is a value for money Laptop.
Also Toshiba too seems have good specs b/w 25-35k.

..........And any suggestions whether i should go for AMD or Intel Processors.
Choice purely depends on your application, which is missing in the first post. If it is going to be your entertainment machine + office applications, then stick to AMD

Never consider the brand except for the service center availability near your place. Only the shell differs from one brand to the other.

IMO Lenova laptops are ligher than HP, Compaq & Dell (I may be wrong, commenting only from my hands on experience with few models)

350Z

Core Team

I am using Hp for last 4 years without any problem( touch wood ), but seen other people having many problems with HP. Dell is good but for it's service factor , just checkout the service in your city. ( i've heard you have to book and pay in advance for service of Dell laptops ). Sony waio is also good but expensive.
I second that. Avoid HP, as they are seen typically prone to some issues. My sister’s HP has had a hard disk crash and many other minor niggles as soon as it was bought. Thankfully, most of them were covered under the warranty.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Checkout Lenovo G570 (We get two models difference in RAM), i3 processor, 3/4GB RAM, 640GB Hard Disc. Bangalore price ~33K for 4GB RAM model.
If you want graphic cards checkout Z570 Model ~36K.

Thread Starter #13

Thanks for the reply Nofate.
Well today i explored so many laptops, One thing i am zeroing as of now is Sony Vaio E-Series.
It costs 38,990/-
Will update next week, as so many options are tumbling in my mind.

Last edited:

congrats mukesh!! vaios are best looking lappys [clap] what are specs of e-series??

Thread Starter #15

Hello guys i am almost zeroing for SAMSUNG laptop core i3 2nd Gen, 3 GB DDR3 Ram,500 GB hard disk, HD-LED screen.
And default OS is Dos, why i am choosing with DOS is I will be getting the driver CD for XP as well as Windows-7.
Later i can install the legal version of Windows-7.
As of now they will install a XP.
When both SONY & SAMSUNG laptops were compared the LED screens of SAMSUNG was a clear winner even after SONY Vaio had 512 mb graphics card..

And regarding Sony Vaio's i got a mixed reaction that the battery is giving some problems, and there was a global recall of laptops.
So i am thinking of dropping the plan to go for SONY.
Will update within a week.

Last edited:

Top Bottom