Which Laptop Under Rs.35K? (Bought Sony Vaio)

Thread Starter #61
I believe it maybe a issue with the drivers of the Touch Pad. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and it also has the same problem when the touchpad acts funny in this way.
May be you should look for the updated drivers for the touchpad. If they are the latest ones, then try re-installing the drivers.
But the drivers i got was from Sony Website, there are 2 drivers for pointing device.
One is Apls pointing device, other is Synaptics.
The latter gave trouble when system wakes up from sleep.
As in where cursor was not coming down from middle of screen, but after re-installing and experimenting both drivers, the cursor movement issue is still there,while mailing or posting.[frustration]

I may be wrong but I think that it is something to do with dust or heat.
In my laptop it happens because the harddisk is quite close to touch pad and so it heats up and starts acting wierdly.
I"ll suggest you to clean the heatsink either yourself(if its out of warrenty) or go to the authorised store and get it cleaned. maybe that could solve the problem.
But keep one thing in mind, if the problem persists and you don't get it fixed during the warrenty. Then after warrenty lapses, you may have to shell quite a few bucks.

P.S. you can also use a USB mouse until it gets fixed. :stupid:

Thread Starter #63
I may be wrong but I think that it is something to do with dust or heat.
In my laptop it happens because the harddisk is quite close to touch pad and so it heats up and starts acting wierdly.
I"ll suggest you to clean the heatsink either yourself(if its out of warrenty) or go to the authorised store and get it cleaned. maybe that could solve the problem.
But keep one thing in mind, if the problem persists and you don't get it fixed during the warrenty. Then after warrenty lapses, you may have to shell quite a few bucks.

P.S. you can also use a USB mouse until it gets fixed. :stupid:
My laptop doesn't heats more as the case with the MAC, it remains cool after prolonged usage.

Nor there is heat sensation on touch pad after hours of usage.

Yes will call to CC tomorrow and will ask for help.

Thread Starter #64
Hey guys its been a while since i updated.

So far everything is working fine, but the left click on touch pad some time works and only after i uninstall its driver and re-installing it, solves the problem.

Battery backup is as good a new.[:)]

Mukeshus, try using an external mouse rather than the touchpad. Or disable it when typing.
Mine has a button to disable and enable it, just above the touchpad. But I think most of the laptops have this function on the F* keys(+ Fn)

Top Bottom