Which Laptop To Buy Under Rs.40,000?

Thread Starter #1
Guys,
It has been 2 months since i am living without laptop. My previous laptop Compaq presario is now unservicable since its motherboard/mainboard is damaged/malfunctioned. The DVD writer was not working for one year. Now whenver i start the laptop, it is switched on but sreen remains black.
I tried to repair it at 2 to 3 shops but all went in vain. No one could fix the problem and siad better to buy new one rather repair it as its main board is damaged and cannot be repaired.

So guys i am now on hunt for new laptop. My budget is 40K. The list of my requirements is as follows
1)Intel core i5 with 2.4Ghz clock speed.(Fine with core i3 if it offer good speed)
2)Minimum 4 GB RAM
3)Minimum 500 GB HDD
4)Windows 7 Home basic/Premium
5)Atleast one USB 3.0
6)15.6 inch Screen(May be HD if available in my budget)
7)No specific brand but service should be easily available

I have shortlisted some of the models but cant decide which is better? So i am here asking for your help for choosing right one for me.

Hi Sandy
:offtopic: Make the most out of non working laptop.
I too had a laptop with damaged Mainboard[frustration]. Repair charges were 3.5K without warranty (@ authorised dealer) cause that series had same problems (as told and showed the log of same company laptops lying for problems by one of the reputed firms in Pune). So the best was to exchange so the executive [angel] suggested rather than getting a mere price for non-working laptop sell the parts separately (i.e. Power supply, RAM, HDD, DVD Writer etc) to the used comp. dealer. Just goo..gled and tracked the used dealers and got about 4K more.
Using dell since last Feb 2011 no issues till date. Here's the link for DELL
Laptops & Notebook - Find yours | Dell India

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks speed1 for your suggestion.
How did you seperate the laptop parts? How much did you get refund of it? One dealer here in mumbai told me that he will give 3k for my non working laptop.
I enquired about some models of Sony, HP and Dell at ezone store. Guess what will be the price of lenovo dual core laptop having 2GB RAM? The price stick was MRP 47K and offer price was 33K. How can they fool us?

One of my friend ( hardware engineer) helped me in dismantling Laptop and getting the quotes. Got around 7K.
Agreed with Mr. Singh Dell Inspiron is one of the best series available.
Do visit the link in previous post.

Thread Starter #6
Yes the Dell Inspiron indeed is a very good model. But also i have a eye on HP dv6-6155tx which has similar configuration and same price. I have also seen lenovo model in that price range. I am unable to decide which brand should i opt for. Guys any other models in this price range please?

Thread Starter #8
I have seen the demo of HP dv6 series and they are very good at processing speeds along with multimedia capabilities. It comes with HD screen. What confusing is there are lot of models and i cant figure out which is the best.

Thread Starter #9
Yesterday i visited Vijay sales showroom to check out the prices of Dell and HP. the HP DV6-6119tx with Beats audio was priced at Rs.47990 and Dell Inspiron 15R was priced at Rs. 43990 with 15 months Mcfree antivirus. The below 40K models did not appealed me though i am not high end user. Looking at future should i stretch my budget or opt for less configured laptop. I personally liked dv6-6155TX. Has anybody bought this laptop?

Thread Starter #10
What is main difference between windows 7 home basic and home premium.
Guys i want scrap my old laptop but dont know how. Anybody in mumbai knows any dealer who deals in old laptops and its parts.

What is main difference between windows 7 home basic and home premium.
Guys i want scrap my old laptop but dont know how. Anybody in mumbai knows any dealer who deals in old laptops and its parts.
Sandy the main difference in 7 Home Basic & Premium is the Aero design will be default settings.

Where as in Ultimate all features of Aero is unlocked.

Also in Home Basic you will not have Windows media Center which can record live TV shows , if TV tuner card is equipped.

There are lot more features, i Upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate N.

Visit this link which is self explanatory:Compare Microsoft Windows Editions in India - Explore the features of Windows 7

Top Bottom