Which is the Best Driver's Diesel Car?

Thanks for the kind words Dhaya. I guess you own the previous Verna. It has an FGT that is what you get that KICK in 1st and almost every gear upshift. Vento on the other hand has VGT that is why it is slower is 1st gear since the turbo takes more time to spool up.

freakdude.

Freak dude older verna if i remember i have seen vgt badge on it.

Why everyone is mentioning optra magnum diesel.Doesn't it belong to a segemt higher.If i remeber when autocar was posting prices of parts,optra magnum was with cruze,jetta,altis,laura,cedia,civic.

Thanks for the kind words Dhaya. I guess you own the previous Verna. It has an FGT that is what you get that KICK in 1st and almost every gear upshift. Vento on the other hand has VGT that is why it is slower is 1st gear since the turbo takes more time to spool up.

freakdude.
I beg to differ, a VGT would imply that lag is less on lower gears too. As the aspect ratio of turbo is changed and it keeps the lag to minimum providing a better ride.

freakdude.

Yes i own the previous Verna and the previous Verna also has VGT only.[:D] So compared to my Verna , Vento is a bit slower to start with but after 2nd gear i find both the cars to be identical in performance. I have driven my friend's Vento for more than 500KMS now , not just a single drive.[:)]

And also +1 to Point city , doesn't Optra Magnum belong to the C+ segment , though because of the price cut now it is much cheaper.

My bad guys, I thought older verna had FGT. Sincere apologies. But an FGT kicks as opposed to FGT which behaves more on the linear pattern. I might again be wrong.

Magnum must have came into picture due to it's mouth watering pricing after the price cuts.

freakdude.

@ Surfer Only because of the price cut it falls in C segment now. It was launched as C+ segment car first i believe. Anyways i have no issues but it would be unfair to other cars in this segment because the Magnum is surely a BEAST![;)]

Hatch back : Punto 90 BHP, no competator for that or probably polo TDI 1.5 is also good. Swift doesnt come near to punto or polo in driving manners and handling. Yes, it has peppy engine and good to roam around city. However, if you remap punto, its a hoot to drive car and objects in mirror disappear soon than you realise.

Sedan : Vento and linea for its performance.

C Segmenter not sure on this.

Top Bottom