Which is Better: 40" LCD TV or Plasma TV?

Thread Starter #1
Hi
we are looking to buy a 40 -42 inch LCD or Plasma Tv for our drawing room.
Please advice which is better between LCD or Plasma [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
ok , your choice :P just tell us the price of sony and samsung. i purchased a sony nx40 lcd something for 64k mrp last year , it was my dad's frnd's shop so we got 11.11% discount. so we got it for 56k. so i just told you the profit margin [;)] somewhere between 20-30% the shopkeepers have.
its upto you on how well you bargain [;)]

and i wanted to share something. i again went to the same shop , and as you know all tv their have same channel , so i was going through all the tvs.
and believe me sony was amazing. its bravia engine really works.

there were 2 guys in a cave. only one was visible in samsung , toshiba , lg. and believe it or not i could see 2 persons clearly on the sony. i asked the shopkeepr he said its beacuse of the bravia engine. rest is your choice.

Last edited:
Well if you room is dark then go for Plasma cos black colouring is perfect in plasma.

If your room is wide meaning wide view angles & is well lit most of the time then go for LCD but black colouring in dark room is ghosty & irregular.

^ I am speaking from experience.

But Plasma are cheap to buy but they dont have energy savings so if you use it alot then Lcd is the way to go.

there were 2 guys in a cave. only one was visible in samsung , toshiba , lg. and believe it or not i could see 2 persons clearly on the sony. i asked the shopkeepr he said its beacuse of the bravia engine.
Another thing in the Sony Bravia is in news channels of low quality when the wordings below run at good pace they do not leave behind a ghost trail unlike other brands.

I bought my mate LG LED 100hz Cinema 3d , 42" for $696Au

it was on deal and that price cuz manager is my mate

I'd say wait for a good deal and get yourself a LED ( dnt get 50hz one)

Ya but in the Led tvs the colours are not rich,its not that many would mind,but hd will lack that richness a bit when compared to a regular Backlit Lcd,

there was a demo room here with many diff types of tv's,so we could compare & ask questions,that includes trying out 3d in diff brands & hz levels etc.

I know Sony is no longer the leader in market share but still they outdo other brands minutely.But some of the parts for Sony come from Samsung (I think),but that Bravia engine is what sets it apart.

Prads , my mate is a manager in TV section of a big chain called The Good guys and he recommended LG LED Smart TV 3D with 100hz interface

We took it home and played a 3d Movie from computers GPU ( 3d signal HDMI v1.4) and the movie was absolute fun to watch. Colors - couldn't be any better.

There are really high frequency LED's such as LG and sharp (600hz LED) they are very SHARP!

they are like Ferrari's in LED TV's

LG 47LW550T (47LW550) LG LED Backlit Television - 47 Inch 600Hz 3D Full LED HDTV|Smart Tv|Wifi|Freeview HD|Find Best Price Deal At Digital Direct

and Normal LCD's have 60hz base frequency across the board.

I have a Toshiba 37" Regza series LCD bought about 2.5 years ago for 750$

You know the pace in tech these days,last years tv or cell phone is outdated today,so i guess this is latest tech,but when the led tv was kept next to regular lcd,the lcd was richer,so when you play them next to each other thats when you notice,so its hard to make out diff when you see it solo,but tech moves fast so things would reach such levels pretty soon am sure.
3d tvs run at high hz anyways,otherwise you wont get that 3d effect.

You must be sitting really close to the tv to get that 3d feel,sitting far away kinda dampens things.

We have Samsung LED 46" Full HD Tv.

Bought in 2010 year end for 1.05 lacs.

Worth every penny, still it has not displayed its true potential with a HD set top box.

And it has good clarity with STB.

It's so energy efficient that our 800va UPS can give backup for hours together.

Top Bottom