Which Indian Cars You Hate?

Here is my "dont-like" list (no offence intended to existing/prospective owners :) ) -
1. Facelift Dzire - not so good exterior.
2. Amaze,Liva - examples of interior cost cutting.
3. Wagon R - driving this car isn't enjoyable. PS: we owned this car.
4. New Baleno - interior and build quality not up to the mark despite the long list of features. Experienced rattles emanating from rear of the test drive car.
5. Honda City 4th gen - Didnt like the asymmetrical dashboard and build quality too is on the lighter side.
6. Skoda cars - terrible after-sales service force me to add to this list!
7. Mahindra Verito - Extremely unappealing looks.

Last edited:
i hate the tata indica. reasons-

1) its slower than a locomotive. it takes ages for the speedo to reach 100. drivabality is a joke too.
2) the dashboard is set to compete with mount everest. its so high that you can see only the sky & not the road ahead.
3) the interior design & quality is from the times ambassador went to the drawing board.
4) after 2 years, the car emits all sorts of noises along with engine noise & the horn stops working!
5) driver ergonomics? whats that? some alien? steering is set high, gear lever is way too far, power window switches cannot be operated normally, control stalks are in some different world from the steering & the likes.
I have been using indica since 2014. I agree that ergonomics score high on the weird-o-meter, but I am yet to come across the myriad niggles you mentioned. I pray to got that I don't. Anyway cars improve over the ages. XUV too has countless horror stories. I hope the new gen takes care of it.

I usually start loving any stuff with 4 wheels if I see it for a long time (a usual Indian feeling). However I am a big fan of aesthetics. Therefore some dislikes.
The list is here:
1) Mahindra xylo- what an ugly and dispropotionate design
2) Quanto- better I don't write a comment [frustration]
3) Swift Dzire old model
4) Swift Dzire new model
5) Liva and etios brothers (I can live up with the exterior but not a single day with those ugly dashboard)
6) Celerio (I like the car actually, but thumps down for the design)
7) Reva- don't know what happened when they designed the rear [frustration]
8) new force trax and gurkha bros (what an ugly grill)

Generally - Tata cars and most foreign company made cars- fantastic
maruti- thumps downs when it comes to design, Mahindra- worst.

All this comments are strictly personal.

Here is my dis'LIKE' cars. Btw, I don't hate any cars.
Here is List :
1) Hyundai Verna Fluidic- worst handling above 100 kmph, wallowy suspensions, My Ps4 like steering wheel(sorry no offense to owners).

2) Chevrolet enjoy : didn't liked it's design.

3) Tuv 300 : don't know why.

4) Toyota Etios : Poor quality.

5) Swift dzire facelift : Ugly front end.

6) Swift dzire(OLD) : looks like stretched hatch.

That's it.

Top Bottom