Which Horn To Go For?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys
I was looking for a horn for my hyundai i10
i have shortlisted
  1. Roots wind tone
  2. Hella tt
  3. Bosch symphony

Can anyone please suggest me the best i want the same output as Volkswagen polo.

Thanx in advance

First Welcome to TAI [clap]

I suggest you to go for Roots or Hella, don't go for Bosch. I've changed more than three to four sets of Bosch horns. Maximum life time for Bosch is just 6months [frustration].

BTW, I'm using Roots Wind tone for past 11months & it is working perfectly from the day 1.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
First Welcome to TAI [clap]

I suggest you to go for Roots or Hella, don't go for Bosch. I've changed more than three to four sets of Bosch horns. Maximum life time for Bosch is just 6months [frustration].

BTW, I'm using Roots Wind tone for past 11months & it is working perfectly from the day 1.
thanx for the warm welcome
ok i have striked out bosch but is roots better than hella coz i heard somewhere that hella is now manufactured in india so its easy to get it repaired. and which one will be closer to polo twin tone horn . roots or hella ?

Thread Starter #6
ok i auditioned roots bosch and hella found that roots and bosch are the closest to Volkswagen type now can anyone help me selecting the right choice?

Roots is the best out of the list you mentioned. I have used it till i sold my vechile. The only issue i faces after 5 yrs of usage- in the long run, the horn starts to go dull at few points as if battery is dead..

deville_56

Honoured Member
Roots and Bosch are both the same, even OEM for Merc is made by Roots in Mercedes branded shell. Issue was with particular batch of them. I have personally installed 20+ pairs of this [:D]

Stebel Nautalis is kinda mechanical one and needs lube once in a while, else will die too young.

Made in India Hella windtones are known for premature death.

Last edited:
Aneesh- There is a problem in your fitting. One of the Horn (right) opening is facing out. Try get this moved to the sidewise.
Reason- when in car wash or service, water will be sprayed into this and for sure this will damage the output.

There are 2 options for you for the long run.
1. Ensure they face each other side-wise.
2. Ensure to cover it with cotton/cloth before giving it for service.

Thread Starter #14
Guys i just got roots windtone installed on my i10 ..but without relay ....coz the guy said i10 already has a relay installed in it and even the horns come with inbuilt relay ....so he didn't add relay ....should i b worried ?

Aneesh- There is a problem in your fitting. One of the Horn (right) opening is facing out. Try get this moved to the sidewise.
Reason- when in car wash or service, water will be sprayed into this and for sure this will damage the output.
I wash my car self. [:)] or if i gave it outside for servicing,will cover it with plastic cover for sure.I know water can kill it,i had it in my zma and was damaged in a rain.[:)] Its been there for more than a year and no problems till date.[:)]

Top Bottom