Which Horn To Go For?

Horns - Blow the Vehicle Away

Hello Friends,

I am confused between the following choices for my XUV 5OO please help :-

1. Roots Windtone
2. Hella Sharptone aka Yellow panther
3. Minda Dual tone
4.Bosch Symphony Fanfare.

I want a horn which is loud[evil] as well as pleasant to the ears[angel]. Please help.

Also provide reviews of any other make or model which you like.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Horns - Blow the Vehicle Away

Hello Friends,

I am confused between the following choices for my XUV 5OO please help :-

1. Roots Windtone
2. Hella Sharptone aka Yellow panther
3. Minda Dual tone
4.Bosch Symphony Fanfare.

I want a horn which is loud[evil] as well as pleasant to the ears[angel]. Please help.

Also provide reviews of any other make or model which you like.

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest Hella sharptone.. A good one to use than bosch's symphony. I do no its only for me or for others too that bosch's symphony doesn't last for more than 6 months.. After fed up with 3 units, finally settled with hella..

Anyone please tell me how's the Hella Twin Tone TE 16? Anyone is using this?

HI All ,

Need advise from all of you , i have got VW Polo 2012 TDI and original horn was working just fine before that "keeda" in my brain came out of hibernation (yes repenting on the decision) and replaced the horn with Roots windtone without relay, it worked for a day and then stopped. it works when i check the horns directly with battery but doesn't at all while driving after first beep. i have tried Minda 3 Pin relay and it doesn't work at all with Relay. this is the second relay i got today but no luck.

Help me Brothers !![cry]
what was the name of the stock vw polo horn?

Yeah i got the hella honks from a shop guy called eb bass, he charged 1200/- for a pair. I think i got conned.
Anyways, the honks are brilliant, im using Hella for my 3rd vehicle - so far no complaints from the previous ones and this one. Its loud and it does make people move from the road to footpath easily.
In traffic (Our beloved Bangalore traffic[lol])
Well, lets just say with all the different kinds of honks and noise levels - You can definitely be heard by a Hella.
Only known personal issue is that on an XUV 500 long drive - with the system music on and honking often on the highway - after about 400 kms the honks power had gone down but i think that would be a battery issue of the car I feel.
what is the exact model names of your hella honk?

bosch fanfare/minda trumpet/roots windtone are essentially the same type of horn. listen on youtube for clips to check out the sound, and make a call with the price

Hella panther - a very different horn, but why are you choosing this when the redgrille/supertone is there? (budget constraints?)

swapping a horn is not a DIY job - especially for dual horns, you'll need to make a bracket to install the horns, remove the bumper etc

Scaring pedestrians - Hella redgrille or roots Megasonic

Supertone vs trumpet - supertone is louder, harsher, more effective
trumpet is more pleasing tone, but not very effective.
I use a trumpet type horn usually, and switch to supertones when i need to motivate folks to move

most aftermarket horns draw more current than the stock horn

a relay is a sort of remote control switch which lets the new horn draw power directly from the battery

For the well being of all please install and use pleasant horn. Use it sparingly and on emergency.Most of them follow this rule. Ppl sitting inside a sealed a/c car don't know the irritation caused by loud horns to others.

Thinking to change horns in my 2014 Honda City as stock ones are sounding meek.Thinking to go for these:

1.Bosch Symphony
2.Hella Chrome Trumpet
3.Minda Trumpet

Have not considered roots as it will not last long.

add stebel magnum TM80/2 to the list. They're available on ebay.in
After going through a couple of hella and stebel horns, I have now settled for roots horns, because I have found a local service center that repairs them. Much better to spend 100 rs to service them, than 1500 every time to replace.
Roots windtone has a very different type of tone - not skoda/vwish at all. More like some electric organ.

Last edited:

Top Bottom