Which Horn To Go For?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Guys i just got roots windtone installed on my i10 ..but without relay ....coz the guy said i10 already has a relay installed in it and even the horns come with inbuilt relay ....so he didn't add relay ....should i b worried ?
Most of the car come with stock relay, but wiring is designed for the low powered stock horn. Horn's true potential gets limited because of the wiring.

Hey guys, I have purchased a pair of roots megasonic horns for my Fortuner. Will I have to install a relay or should I replace the horns with the OEM. If I have to install the relay then which one should I go for. Please help.

Firstly welcome to TAI @Gangnam, hope you to have good time here.

I think you should get it installed, hella or bosh would do the job. It would definitely keep you in peace.

Firstly welcome to TAI @Gangnam, hope you to have good time here.

I think you should get it installed, hella or bosh would do the job. It would definitely keep you in peace.
Thanks a lot for your response. I have talked to the vendor who supplied me the Roots horns, he suggested to go for roots relay which he has in stock. But there is a confusion with the relay. They have got two models of relay, one is 3 terminal and other 4 terminal. Which one should I go for.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks a lot for your response. I have talked to the vendor who supplied me the Roots horns, he suggested to go for roots relay which he has in stock. But there is a confusion with the relay. They have got two models of relay, one is 3 terminal and other 4 terminal. Which one should I go for.
Go for 4 pin one.

Thread Starter #24
Go for the 4 pin relay its better and i got hella relay installed...
earlier the horn was runing without relay for 1-2 days then i got hella relay installed in it and the whole wiring ....and i must say the output is awesome now

Guys tell what is the horn fixed in cars like WV, Skoda which sounds like "phaa". I think I have one which sounds like "khee" (dont know how to say these and just tried with lots of hope that you will be able to understand)

Guys tell what is the horn fixed in cars like WV, Skoda which sounds like "phaa". I think I have one which sounds like "khee" (dont know how to say these and just tried with lots of hope that you will be able to understand)
Sethu, you are interested in getting the same make horns or a similar one? Those are called windtone horns. Not sure about what make does Skoda use, but I'm using Hella windtones in my Linea. Earlier used Roots in my Honda City and Bosch symphony in my bike. Out of these 3, I'm pretty satisfied with the Hella.

Costs 550 for a pair + relays, wiring & labor another 350 bucks.

Boss. Am looking for similar ones. My son wanted to have both with switch so that we can switch between horns when we get bored with one.

Boss. Am looking for similar ones. My son wanted to have both with switch so that we can switch between horns when we get bored with one.
Dear sir,
Except Fabia all other Skodas come with dual horn.

Skoda Laura comes with a Bosch EC9 fanfares set
View attachment EC9.rar
ec9.jpg

After marked horn for skodas is Bosch Windtone fanfare
View attachment Windtone.rar
windtone fanfare.jpg

I also have a jugaad(cheaper) option. Buy a pair of fanai windtone horns. These will cost you Rs 300~350 for a pair. Install them and just fiddle with the tuning screw to get the desired sound POM-POM, PaaaM-PaaaM, PinG-PinG etc-etc.

Possible, I have the similar setup in my Linea (2 way switch to use both OE & windtone horns). Get it done from any accessories shop. It should not cost your more than 1000 INR.

Top Bottom