Which Home/Office A/C (Air Conditioner) to Buy/You Own?

got a goderej 1.5tone split ac .
had issues three time in single year
1.gas leakage
2. gas leakage
3.remote control .

gas leakage was fixed free of cost but they charged for remote control .

cooling is pretty good and not much noisy . got some basic controls like turning off dispaly and bla bla...

350Z

Core Team
I have a 1.5 ton Samsung split(3 yrs old). Cool is decent but it also has all the annoying tones.

1. Wall power outlet turned on, one tone
2. Switch on the a/c from standby mode, another tone
3. Increase/Decrease temp or touch any other button on remote, again a tone
4. Switch a/c back to standby mode, again a tone.

I lost the manual, wanted to check if there is a mute option available, cooling wise its not the best but yes, pretty decent.
Exactly the same happens in LG too. I didn’t find it much annoying up till now but I think, now sure will (!!).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Exactly the same happens in LG too. I didn’t find it much annoying up till now but I think, now sure will (!!).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Are you guys talking about the tome which comes while operating the remote, if yes, then it doesn't happen in any of my LG AC's(read 4 yrs old).

We have Lg 1.5 ton split ac for last 6 years never ad any problems, but the blower noise is there from day 1. Carrier 2 ton split had problems and we spend around 3000rs for repair.

350Z

Core Team
Are you guys talking about the tome which comes while operating the remote, if yes, then it doesn't happen in any of my LG AC's(read 4 yrs old).
Yes. It's a little beep sound which comes whenever any action is performed related to AC.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i own 4 LG AC
3 AC : 1.5 tone
1 AC : 1 Tone this one is in my room

all of them are working without any problem *touch wood *
1 AC is 5years old , 1 AC is 3 years old , 2 AC are 1years old

370Z

In my case not only a beep its a pathetic note too for power on and power off.
How's that? I'm sure there must be some solution to completely switch it off. Will go through my LG's manual and post here in case, happen to find a solution.

Drive Safe,
370Z

well i have never heard anything more then a beep for any changes through manually or through remote, but just a beep.

We are having a 1.5 ton OG air conditioner in our home and it is very good and going strong since 2 years. Although we bought a without remote version because of the revo. type compressor.

have 4 acs at home
2 hitachi quadricool 1 tr window units since 5 years one of them is used almost 24x7 and just had a pcb changed, i guess its 4 star rated not sure, got them for 22k each
1 hitachi split ace 1 tr no issues as yet, 4 years 5 star rated, got it for 27k
1 hitachi 2 tr split gave amazing issues and finally the compressor gave way due to refrigerant flooding ( a blocked expansion valve was the culprit but these techs think they know much and overfilled r22) sold it for 3k, 2 star rated, got it for 39k
swapped the 2tr with a
mitsubishi heavy industries inverter 2.3tr cooling 3tr heating chills my 450 sqft hall brilliantly the outdoor unit is dead silent and so is the indoor has ionizer and deordorizer and allergen filters. theres no star rating for inverter acs but consumption is between 320 - 3250 watts/hr r410a refrigerant got it for 76k excluding piping and installation

based on my opinion i find mitsubishi way good better then hitachi

Hi Nick, From Verna Fluidic to Hitachi/Mitsubishi AC's, how come you jumped on this thread that too at 2.30 am, and since last 5 months there was no activity on this thread.
Was you searching anything specific to AC's, Let me know; I have worked in that field, In fact with India's largest air conditioning co.

I'm using an Electrolux 1.0T AC in my bedroom for the last 3 years. No major problems. The shop was trying to sell me a 1.5T (They always try it) but I insisted on a 1.0T.

Top Bottom