• Sun Tv HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Videocon D2H

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #166
Hi Mukesh Ji !!

I am also using Airtel Digital TV Hd for past a month. I just want to know how to activate channels in internet. Say for Eg today my subscription is getting over and i have a balance of 500rs in my a/c so how to get activate it or i do have to subscribe the packs using their CC no ?
You can activate on your my Airtel mobile app.
If you are an Airtel user.
The same number needs to be keyed in that was given for registration or you need to call their CC to update the latest number.
Their online website for digital TV never worked.
After exhaustive searching on their website I usually subscribe to packs.
As the CC executive usually sells you high value plan.
In the app you can know the latest plan available and demand the same.
In my case mutenes HD was part of 175/-, 18 HD channels pack.
Just I had to switch over to new plan at the same cost.
What the executive told me was I had to subscribe for that channel separately for 15 rs monthly.
I told him I can see a plan in the app, that is already included in my HD pack.
Then it was included free of cost.

You can activate on your my Airtel mobile app.
If you are an Airtel user.
The same number needs to be keyed in that was given for registration or you need to call their CC to update the latest number.
Their online website for digital TV never worked.
After exhaustive searching on their website I usually subscribe to packs.
As the CC executive usually sells you high value plan.
In the app you can know the latest plan available and demand the same.
In my case mutenes HD was part of 175/-, 18 HD channels pack.
Just I had to switch over to new plan at the same cost.
What the executive told me was I had to subscribe for that channel separately for 15 rs monthly.
I told him I can see a plan in the app, that is already included in my HD pack.
Then it was included free of cost.
Thanks a Lot for this Info. I tried a lot in airtel site to get subscribe as u told it never worked finally today morning i called to their CC and told them to change my excisting pakage from south economy sports plus 1M HD to south super value. They changed as soon as i requested i think this is economical for me. Need to topup English Plus and Discovery HD now.
Thanks.[clap]

Dish TV HD+ users, do you know which format the box formats the drive ?
I tried connecting a TB HDD but it didnt recognise the NTFS volume, will try formatting in a computer and retry - suggestions welcome, I am using a HDD to USB converter to connect a SATA HDD to the dish box.

The DishTv HD box will ask for formatting before it can record contents on HDD. I'm Not sure about the format though.
However, contents will not play on computer, to reuse HDD on computer/media players it has to be formatted again in one of the widely recognized formats FAT32, NTFS etc.

On another note, DishTv is one of the costliest in terms of package pricing in the market. I had a long argument with them to restore some sanity and basic sense of pricing in them.

I've subscribed to 5 year topmost package of Dishtv. Sometime after 5 months into the subscription period they removed bunch of HD channels from my package, citing price increase as a reason ! I tried reasoning with them on basic principle of providing price protection against any cost fluctuation for advance payment subscribers.

Numerous phone calls, emails and social media communication did not seem to yield any positive result for 2 months. Their standard reply was seniors in their marketing department decides these matters so we can not help !! How absurd?

Finally I had enough of it and decided to reach to them via :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::
Must say its a very powerful and excellent initiative by government, it seems the complaints are handled directly by Secretaries of respective Ministry. I lodged a complaint under Information & Broadcasting ministry.

Within 2 weeks of lodging the complaint, blocked channels were restored in my package [:)]

A big thumbs down to Dishtv and thumbs up to this nice initiative and opening up online avenue to hear common man's grievances.

Finally, I too moved to Dish+STB after about 7 Years of using Cable based STB. The local cable service provider is so bad that I couldn't get STB for more than 3 weeks. That made me with no choice than picking one of the available Dish service, which I never wanted to.

Now I am on Airtel HD+. Did a good bit of survey and was contemplating between Videocon D2H and Airtel. Videocon has a good set of channel list, however, Disney Junior was missing, which is a favorite of my son. So, didn't want to compromise on that and went with Airtel.

Taken South Ultra Pack as activation pack, which is the highest among and will be usable till 45 days. Later, thinking of changing to the lower most pack, with English Top Up, English HD Movies Top Up and Disney Junior, which will all total to Rs. 360 or so.

The process of new connection and installation was seamless and was done in just 3 - 4 Hrs of booking. However, within a day of taking the connection, they surprised me that only 2 regional top ups are allowed and I already have taken Tamil 1 & 2. Fought with them and got Telugu & Malayalam activated too, but not sure for how long... This is exactly why I was away from Dish services.

hey guys,
I am using Tata sky HD since 2 years.I don't have any problem with this.Recently Tata sky added HBO hits to their channel list at 100/ month.My question is has any body subscribed to these HBO channels? Is it worth the money? I have English movies,english entertainment as addons.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been using Airte HD Recorder Since last 5/6 years (initially SD Recorder and then upgraded to HD Recorder). No complaints so far.!!

I have been using Videocon D2H HD set top box for an year now. No problems with the service. The HD quality is also great. I don't know what exactly changes the quality of HD content from different vendors. For me the HD quality should remain same for all.

The only reason I opted for Videocon is it gives the best package amongst all that too at lower rates. Tata sky has good service but very costly according to me.

I am subscribed to the Platinum HD pack of Videocon D2H and get almost all HD channels in it. I own a Samsung 40 inch 3D LED smart TV. Videocon even had a dedicated 3D channel earlier which was great. It is not there now.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i use videocon hd at workplace and tatasky hd at home. tata sky is leaps ahead in UI , speed and overall quality.

from time to time the screen goes black and it says syncing time and date with server in videocon. turn on the set top box and it will play sounds only 7/10 times. have to turn off the box and start again. speed is really slow to change the channels or to open any menu compared to tata sky.
and another odd thing , i got 2 months free of some services and the guy told me you have to get it deactivated after 2 months or else you will be charged.
in tata sky when you activate some pack , the amount is debited from your accouny there and then but even after paying for a year in videocon they still charge at monthly basis.

Last edited:

Top Bottom