Which Diesel Hatchback. Usage 50 Kms Per Day.

Thread Starter #31
Thanks for the great feedback all of you.

I will over this weekend will try and TD most of these. I am impressed with rhe Kind of discount your friend could manage, when was this?

I will try with this trick.

Is there no difference between the engne of Swift diesel and Ritz diesel at all?

Thanks again all of you.

Discounts on Maruti Ritz.. I dont know. Had connected with the dealer and they say that they dont have old stock. And there is no discount on the face-lifted model.

About 30K discount available on Figo however if you can bargain.

Discounts on Maruti Ritz.. I dont know. Had connected with the dealer and they say that they dont have old stock. And there is no discount on the face-lifted model.

About 30K discount available on Figo however if you can bargain.
Chayan, Yesterday I went to the show room in BLR to check out the offers on Ritz diesel. There are no discounts on face lited model. The differential amount between new and old ritz is just 10k. They are ready to deliver the old diesel ritz immediately. But they confirmed that for this festive season also there won't be any discounts and offers for ritz diesel. Offers will be only for the ritz petrol of Rs.25000/-

Chayan, Yesterday I went to the show room in BLR to check out the offers on Ritz diesel. There are no discounts on face lited model. The differential amount between new and old ritz is just 10k. They are ready to deliver the old diesel ritz immediately. But they confirmed that for this festive season also there won't be any discounts and offers for ritz diesel. Offers will be only for the ritz petrol of Rs.25000/-
@Magi: Try this. When at the Maruti dealer, show great interest in Swift and very little in Ritz. Ask them for a Swift TD. SA will say that it has 5-6 months but let him know that you are in no hurry either.
Then gradually enquire about the Ritz, leave your contacts and leave.
Be patient and when the SA calls next time to confirm TD, also ask him to bring the Ritz.
After TD, ask him to send you the quote for both. Be patient and portray that you are looking into other options.
The above works sometimes. In my case, Maruti is offering me the maximum value for my exchange car (compared to others) which is strange as there is no exchange bonus or corporate discount on diesel cars.

^
yes it works very well ,that is how I ended up buying Indica vista. They use swift as a bait to attract customers.when you are into the showroom for swift, first thing uttered would be 6-8 months waiting period and next would be "ritz is also same swift but more efficiently designed". When I insisted ritz is not in my list and began to walk out they said they can avail swift within 2-3 months if I buy RS.30000 accesories. I told them accesories are not a deal breaker but I need it within two months for which they said , will inform me later but I should buy a token, I dint buy the token but they called me after two days saying oven fresh swift di can be made available within 2 months just for you. I hang up the phone, staright away went looking for other better cars in town whom have not lost thier sanity .

Thread Starter #38
Friends, Firstly sorry for the long silent mode. In between I have seen a few cars and will send an updated review in a few days.

As an update, I have decided to buy Swift VDI. I am in new Delhi and the waiting period for this is around 2 months. I am buying the new grey color.

Hope to get the delivery of car by early Jan with the new model 2013 of the car.

One question is that in Swift VDI, they don't provide the stereo :-(. The option which the dealer offered to me was the stereo which comes with ZXI in Rs. 20,000. I wanted to check if that is my best option or is there something else in this price which is better. I would prefer a console based stereo which gets fitted nicely and the dealer mentioned that they will be able to fix the stereo like the factory fitting.

Please suggest.

Thanks

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Good that you finally decided[:D]

In 20000 you won't get steering mounted audio controls so i'll say get the system from outside. 12k for a touchscreen and 8k for speakers will be sufficient.

Hi Raj, welcome back. With 20 thousand bucks, you can definitely get a good after market HU along with speakers. There are a lot of ICE players like Pioneer, JVC, JBL, Kenwood etc having a pretty good range of 2DIN HU which would gel well on the dash.
Although, the i find the fit and finish of OE system a lot better than aftermarket ones.

@Magi: Try this. When at the Maruti dealer, show great interest in Swift and very little in Ritz. Ask them for a Swift TD. SA will say that it has 5-6 months but let him know that you are in no hurry either.
Then gradually enquire about the Ritz, leave your contacts and leave.
Be patient and when the SA calls next time to confirm TD, also ask him to bring the Ritz.
After TD, ask him to send you the quote for both. Be patient and portray that you are looking into other options.
The above works sometimes. In my case, Maruti is offering me the maximum value for my exchange car (compared to others) which is strange as there is no exchange bonus or corporate discount on diesel cars.
@chayan,u have already exchanged ur spark?which maruti car u have taken?

Top Bottom