Which Diesel Hatchback. Usage 50 Kms Per Day.

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

My every day running is about 50 kms per day. I wanted to get some opinion on which Diesel hatchback to buy in th erange of 5-6 lakhs.

I am also waiting for the launch of Mahindra Quanto if it is in my budget.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Re: Which Diesel Hatchback

Ritz , figo , beat , vista you can go take a test drive first come and share the expreince with us . Then we all we discuss and decide which is best vfm choice for you .

Re: Which Diesel Hatchback

Welcome to TAI buddy, i think you should follow chayan's thread, he has already done good amount of home work.

I'll also advice you to have TDs of cars you like.

Don't forget to judge cars, on safety front as well.

350Z

Core Team
My every day running is about 50 kms per day. I wanted to get some opinion on which Diesel hatchback to buy in th erange of 5-6 lakhs.
Do let us know the basic requirements first that would help us to point towards the right car. Here’s a link for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi All,

But for 50KM per day running why would you want a Diesel Hatch?[surprise] Pls elucidate further on your requirements to be able to suggest you the right option.

Allhyundaicars,

I dont see any practicality in this, Just for 50KM Daily run one needs a Diesel, Diesel makes sense if daily run is more than 100km,This is not a wise Decision i would say.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Allhyundaicars,

I dont see any practicality in this, Just for 50KM Daily run one needs a Diesel, Diesel makes sense if daily run is more than 100km,This is not a wise Decision i would say.
mate no. if daily running is near 60 kilometers then diesel is a wise decision. you are mistake if you think daily run is 100 kilometers.

if one covers 60 kilometers the break even point will be closer to 3 years which is good.

Ford Figo would be the best choice IMO followed by the new Ritz diesel. If you plan to go for the Figo then I would suggest you to wait till next month as the updated version of Figo is coming soon with minor changes and some new colors too.

I would say Ritz Diesel or Figo TDCi would be the best considering the price bracket of 5-6 lakhs. I would suggest you to extend your budget a bit and go for either Figo TDCi Titanium or Ritz VDi ABS.

Do post up your requirements, so that we will be able to decide the cars based on your need or preference.
If you are interested in the Quanto, then I would suggest to wait for it. It is expected to come within the price range of 5-6lakhs approx. and will probably compete with the Ertiga as its a MPV.

Chevy Beat , go for the PS variant which offers just Power window , AC and power steering it comes at exactly 5.0L here in Kolkata , my requirements were similar to you and I almost zeroed on beat , but things took a different turn and to maintain our family tradition ( I know that sounds odd , but thats how my dad likes to put it ) I went ahead and booked Dzire petrol , but anyway u do consider Beat Diesel , its super fun to drive in city , has got a nice unique look , generates awesome RPM at lower speeds , so at 5L u have an awesome car in Beat. And another reason for suggesting beat is since ur daily running is low if u buy the most fuel efficient and most economical diesel hatch around you will get max profit that ur looking for when u invest in a diesel hatch .

Top Bottom