Which Diesel Car Under Rs.6 Lakhs?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am using a Dzire VXI with a current running of 50 KMS per day. I have a old Matiz wich I want to exchange for a small Diesel car for better mielage and cost saving on fuel.

I am looking for a car with good performance on mielage and low after sale service/ parts.

Can someone please suggest the car make/ model and the best price I could get. I am from New Delhi.

Also, I have a noclain bonus insurane on my old Matiz which I will use with the new car.

Look forward to the expert advice.

Regards

Re: Which Diesel car under 6 lakhs?

Hello and welcome to TAI Raj

Do let us know whether you looking for a hatchback or a sedan. Also are you looking to buy just a brand new one or open to used car options as well.

Hello Raj Malhotra
I would opt you to extend your budget a bit and go for Ritz Diesel. Either you opt for the present model and avail maximum benefits or wait for the facelifted version that is soon going to be launched. Since Ritz is a Maruti make After Sales Service, resale value and cheaper maintenance cost are going to be the important advantages.
Other choices are Beat diesel, Figo TDCi. Both the models to are getting older and minor facelifts are around the corner.

Hi Raj, welcome to TAI. I think both Beat and Ritz will suit your budget and requirements. As mentioned there is a facelift pending for Ritz and hence probably you can coax some discount from the dealer. It has a gem of an engine.
Beat is also comparable and you have 3 year cashless warranty offer which from my personal experience is as good as it promises.
You have a Matiz so you will understand that 3/4 years down the line, probably Ritz will have better resale than Beat. But if you keep it longer than that then it will hardly make a difference.

+1 chayan me too would suggest Beat or ritz, and the new Ritz(facelift) may be launched this festival season. And owning a Maruti is cheaper, as spares are relatively cheaper, and the DDiS engine is a gem to drive.

Hi All,

I am using a Dzire VXI with a current running of 50 KMS per day. I have a old Matiz wich I want to exchange for a small Diesel car for better mielage and cost saving on fuel.

I am looking for a car with good performance on mielage and low after sale service/ parts.

Can someone please suggest the car make/ model and the best price I could get. I am from New Delhi.

Also, I have a noclain bonus insurane on my old Matiz which I will use with the new car.

Look forward to the expert advice.

Regards
Opt for Ritz, a new one is coming soon though.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks for all the quick responses and valuable suggestions. Since I already have a Dzire VXi, I will stick to hatchback for the everyday drive and keep the Dzire for making the kids feel happy when I need to drop them to the school :-).

Any inputs on the new Indica Diesel? Is it worth a buy, since I am not a person who change cars very often and keep them with me like my kids.

I would like to buy a new car since I am not sure about the old cars and will need to learn a lot on what to look/ check for on old cars before buying.

Also, how do you compare a small diesel car vs. the Wagon R CNG. I recently read that the diesel and cng price is almost the same and CNG is loosing its shine :-(.

Please sugest.

Wlecome to TAI,

You have got 3 option's in your budget Beat,Ritz,Vista,out of the 3 i would suggest you to go for Beat as you can get the model with ABS for that price.

+1 visran
Go for the one with the better safety equipments. You might think that in the city driving, ABS/EBD/Airbags will not be required, but trust me it is better to be safe than sorry.

Going for a CNG option is good; but will limit your travel area and have to shift to costly petrol once CNG is exhausted. Also power-wise might not give the same satisfaction as petrol.

ABS is optional in Ritz VDi. But Beat is cheaper than ritz, and u get a lot more equipments, which also includes an automatic climate control. And an instrument cluster too which looks cool and very modern.

Features of Beat are more but its a chevy, while Ritz is maruti. You get loyalty bonus too as you already own maruti. Best to buy ritz. And forget cng, it has to be diesel.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks for the valuable inputs. My kids somehow don't like the looks of Beat and also it is Chevy. I have already burned my fingers with Daewoo Matiz once :-).

I also agree to the CNG point of view and go for a diesel.

It will not have to be between Swift/ Ritz/ Indica. Is there a comparison available between these 3 diesel cards (latest models) or a comparison between Swift and Indica.

Frankly, have not heard much about Ritz diesel or have not seen many on the road (could be my ignorance).

Please suggest.

Thanks

@Raj

All the 3 cars Swift/Ritz/Indica Vista are very good cars and value for money

Swift is slightly costly according to your budget, but a popular car in the country at the moment.

Ritz - I use one from last one year, it more know for its space in side specially the head room which was the reason for me to select this and of-course leg space too. Very less maintenance car, but its looks are subjective that some do not like it, some like it [clap]

Vista 2012 - model is really very very good, but only problem with TATA service, you need to find a good service center to own this car, other wise everything is great in this car.

Apart from the above, I also suggest you to look at Punto which is really good one and they have come up with their own showrooms and service centers this year

Thanks for the valuable inputs. My kids somehow don't like the looks of Beat and also it is Chevy. I have already burned my fingers with Daewoo Matiz once :-).

I also agree to the CNG point of view and go for a diesel.

It will not have to be between Swift/ Ritz/ Indica. Is there a comparison available between these 3 diesel cards (latest models) or a comparison between Swift and Indica.

Frankly, have not heard much about Ritz diesel or have not seen many on the road (could be my ignorance).

Please suggest.

Thanks
If you are thinking of buying the car in the next couple of months, forget the swift. It has a huge waiting list and now with the plant shut down, don't think anyone would get one this year if he books it today.

Thanks
You can compare the following cars in sites like carwale.com

And i would say you look for swift and the new vista is not a bad option as well.

Top Bottom