Which Cellphone Carrier for 3G Data?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys as we all are familiar with 3G, and using the same.

Which service provider has wide coverage and better connectivity?

We can discuss the various plans, that are part of the offers too.

Till now I have been using Cellone 3G for iPad and IP4.

The plan I have opted is 251/- which gives 1 GB data, with validity of 1 month.

For calling purposes I am with Vodafone.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i also use vodafone.

109 rupees for 300 MB data since i use wifi at home.

at times 3g stops and i have to restart my phone [anger] so voda , not the best.

Thread Starter #3
i also use vodafone.

109 rupees for 300 MB data since i use wifi at home.

at times 3g stops and i have to restart my phone [anger] so voda , not the best.
Vodafone doesn't have a dedicated 3G network, they are sharing the 3G network of Airtel.

With BSNL, For 101 INR you will get 300 mb data.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Vodafone doesn't have a dedicated 3G network, they are sharing the 3G network of Airtel.

With BSNL, For 101 INR you will get 300 mb data.
i didn't know that [surprise] so how much download speed i should expect from a 3g connection ?

i get 600 kb - 1 mb per second download speed. at times i have to wait 10 seconds for a 3 MB download [anger] i'll call customer care tomorrow. why should i pay that much and not get what i'm promised [anger]

Thread Starter #5
i didn't know that [surprise] so how much download speed i should expect from a 3g connection ?

i get 600 kb - 1 mb per second download speed. at times i have to wait 10 seconds for a 3 MB download [anger] i'll call customer care tomorrow. why should i pay that much and not get what i'm promised [anger]
With BSNL it's 3 Mbps most of the time, worst case it comes to 1 Mbps due to weak signal.
The Facebook app opens swiftly with 3G connection than with wifi.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
cellone is BSNL ? android's facebook apps sucks [lol] with every update the quality decreases.

coming back to topic. this is not good [cry] every operator makes promises and we don't get anything. i switched from idea to vodafone.

Thread Starter #7
cellone is BSNL ? android's facebook apps sucks [lol] with every update the quality decreases.

coming back to topic. this is not good [cry] every operator makes promises and we don't get anything. i switched from idea to vodafone.
Yes buddy it's BSNL, I was speaking with reference to IOS Facebook app in Ipad which takes a moment to load with wifi, inspite of having a 4 Mbps plan with BSNL Broadband.

You can complaint to Vodafone on their official website, they take feedbacks seriously.

Im currently using Aircel 3G with 500Mb of 3G and unlimited 2G Data service for Rs 128.
The 3G speed is ok for Fb app in my IP4 and for TAI Browsing 2g is ok but not upto the level.But Aircel 3g is only good in tamilnadu and no 3g in karnataka except cities.
I always suggest to Airtel with same rates as Aircel.

Have been using Reliance 3G dongle (& not 3G through phone). Have found it quite good. Current plan is Rs. 800 for unlimited data (5 GB at 3G speed and then rest at 128 KBps).

I believe Airtel has the best 3G coverage and network quality..though its the most expensive but the best too..
Now Airtel has launched 4G as well in kolkata and bangalore..which I have heard has amazing speeds upto 40mbps as dpwnload speeds..[clap]
If money is a criteria then one can go for Idea 3G as well else Airtel is the best 3G connection.. :P

Thread Starter #13
I believe Airtel has the best 3G coverage and network quality..though its the most expensive but the best too..
Now Airtel has launched 4G as well in kolkata and bangalore..which I have heard has amazing speeds upto 40mbps as dpwnload speeds..[clap]
If money is a criteria then one can go for Idea 3G as well else Airtel is the best 3G connection.. :P
Hi anshulmadan, 4G LTE is available only as data card.

My bro had brought his office data card to home, the speed was amazing,11.9 Mbps speed.

It's very costly too.

Airtel and Vodafone uses Idea Network for 3G Coverage. And Docomo uses Aircel.
I think Airtel is going out of money as they are charging too much even for 2G! :lol!:
Yes, the best Network Coverage is of Idea(Airtel and Vodafone too). You can get the signal in most of the areas but whereas in Aircel, it's worse. But Aircel provides the best 2G speeds+plans. 3G speed is not good as Idea but they provide the most VFM Plans right now starting from RS.7 with unlimited 2G data after the 3G data is finished. It's just great I must say!

BTW I too thought of asking it here. [:D]

have used reliance 3g and mtnl 3g.

mtnl 3g is good but fluctuating speeds with ranges from less than 1mbps to max 3.6mbps.

reliance was good initially where i used to get around 10.2mbps on my phone.
currently reliance speeds are going down and so is for mtnl.

Top Bottom