Which Cars in India Need a Redesign?

hey guys
i think the two cars such as toyota etios must be done something and the interior dashbord horrible in etios
toyota innova facelifted doesnt look good i think
maruti swift dzire looks like a dog with tail cutted (sorry if it hurt any one)
all tata cars are the worst
first indica its boring to see the face from 2002 or 2003

Thread Starter #17
yes, exactly I am talking about some thing like that, a Dev Anand style !!
exactly I have been saying this to my freinds from so long something what fiat did to 500 VW did to beetle and BMW did to mini but iam pretty sure Hindustan motor will never do it ..

350Z

Core Team
My short wish list to the respective manufacturers of following cars:

> Maruti A-Star: An ugly duckling, demands for a complete revamp. Nothing else.

> Tata Manza: Just fix the boxy boot as far as design is concerned and I am game for it.

> Force One: Indians deserve much more than a rebadged version of an old Chinese SUV.

> Ford Figo: Simple design but acceptable. A facelift is required to match up with competition.

> Sonalika Rhino: Good car but spoiled with poor design. It stands nowhere close to the name.

> Mitsubishi Lancer (Not Cedia): Too long in the tooth. Mitsu, bring on the Evo-inspired Lancer please.

> Maruti Omni: One of the well doing cars yet never received the due attention from its manufacturer.

> Mahindra Scorpio: 10 Years and still going strong. A facelift with better fit and finish would be a welcome move.

> Toyota Etios: Neither hatch nor sedan looks like a 21st Century Design. Particularly Liva needs a thorough overhaul.

> Mahindra Xylo: Recent facelift looks better. Still, tolerated enough of milk van design. Make hood more proportionate.

> Maruti Dzire: I used to have respect for this car earlier but since Maruti rolled out Sub-4 Meter model, less said, the better.

Drive Safe,
350Z

so Chevy beat is prefect ? I hate the way of its rear designed.
+10000 vinayan, I had the same feeling. I always felt about Beat is that the front is too good and back is too bad with that steel rings around lights !!

from sides it is again good, only rear design needs a change just like Ritz.

But some how I like the rear of Ritz[:)](may be because I own one !!)

+10000 vinayan, I had the same feeling. I always felt about Beat is that the front is too good and back is too bad with that steel rings around lights !!

from sides it is again good, only rear design needs a change just like Ritz.

But some how I like the rear of Ritz[:)](may be because I own one !!)
I own a beat 1.2 LT option pack :-)

Few old ones which will be great if re-launched in new design.

- Amby (as stated by few)
- Fiat (standard and 118NE)
- Standard 2000 - even if this is launched with refined engine and same design it may be a killer

Etios and Liva - Should be redesign interior
SX4
Alto/A-Star/Estilo
Ritz and Micra - rear shape
Beat - I like the front bold design but upset with rear shape

One more great car, I used to admire it when one of my previous company MD was using it a white one without a single black spot on it, if found one, then immediately driver is terminated from service!!

Contessa !!

Though it is not there in the market, was really a wonderful one during 90's and a revamp of the same comes in, I hope it will pull numbers[:)]

Last edited:
One more great car, I used to admire it when one of my previous company MD was using it a white one without a single black spot on it, if found one, then immediately driver is terminated from service!!

Contessa !!

Though it is not there in the market, was really a wonderful one during 90's and a revamp of the same comes in, I hope it will pull numbers[:)]
i am not sure HM has any centres of innovation present in their portfolio.

all their products namely the ambassador was some old german car and what i can bleakly remember the contessa though a looker during the 90's among the crowds of the 118NE and the padmini was some vauxhall cars which they remade it in india.

Top Bottom