Which Car To Buy? Budget Rs.9 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for a new vehicle and my budget is 9 Lacs. Definitely I am looking for a diesel vehicle. Please suggest. My running is alsmost 23000 kms per year in which mostly is in city and a trip or 2 on highways.

Lost cost of ownership and high mileage is my main concern.
It should have all the basics now a days a car should have like power windows, Ac/heater, power steering, ABS etc.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Re: Which car to buy ? Budget 9L

If you go for hatch back, you have many options in this budget.
While, if you opt for sedan. You have Dezire, Verito, and Manza AuraABS. You can also get Ford Fiesta Classic in that budget.

Hello Kikloo,so which segment are you looking at? Hatchback or Sedan?

I suggest you to have a look at Fiesta Classic 1.4 SXI which is something 9.2 lakhs, it has all bells and whistles and a great driver's car.

Else Swift Dzire is also a great option and the ZDI falls under 8.50 Lakhs.

With your budget you can look for I20, Swift Zdi, Polo highline and Fabia if you want to go with a hatch.

And for sedan Fiesta Classic 1.4 SXi or the Dzire would be the best options.

So you just want a car , you didn't specify the class
Sedan / Hatch / MUV / SUV

that will be a much better way to describe your needs man

For a better maintenance go for Maruti or Ford cars either Fiesta classic or Swift Dzire should satisfy your overall needs.

go for volkswagon vento its a sedan has all the necessary features and for resale value either go for polo(diesel) or swift(diesel) they have good resale value

Skoda Rapid/Nissan Sunny would be a good choice, if you can streatch your budget a bit.
Else, I guess Ford Fiesta would be a great buy. For the mileage, you can even have a look at the Toyota Etios.
Since its mostly city driven, VW Polo or Punto might be suitable too, i think.

More votes for ford fiesta and mine too.
You can go for New fiesta as well if you can stretch your budget a bit. It has got loads of stuff in it compared to that of it's older version.

You can also have a look at Skoda Rapid/ VW Vento. No Linea in any one's thoughts?

Hi,

I am looking for a new vehicle and my budget is 9 Lacs. Definitely I am looking for a diesel vehicle. Please suggest. My running is alsmost 23000 kms per year in which mostly is in city and a trip or 2 on highways.

Lost cost of ownership and high mileage is my main concern.
It should have all the basics now a days a car should have like power windows, Ac/heater, power steering, ABS etc.

Please suggest.

Thanks.
Hello Kikloo,so you are driving in Chandigarh.right?
Considering the great roads of Chandigarh and around,I'd recommend you to go slightly premium and go for the Skoda Rapid TDI Ambition variant.

Since your most of the running is in the city and hence a bigger and more responsive engine will be a boon.
Rest the better engine+gearbox of Rapid is very much positive and fun to operate.

In other words,if you even expand your budget by about 50k,then you can get a lot more than what you can get by buying any other car under 9 lacs.
Else go for Nissan Sunny XL,it will fit in your budget,give you good space and a good ride and handling combo.
I don't recommend more than two cars and did it.I don't find anything better than these two at your budget.

Kindly take a look at the budget, then give your suggestions. Rapid, Vento, Sunny, new Fiesta are definitely good, but wont come within 9 lakhs on road.
As suggested by Visran, you can test drive and chose as per your requirements. You can take a look at dezire and Verito too.

Thread Starter #14
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. As mostly Ford Fiesta, Skoda Rapid and Vento is being mentioned I want to confirm their cost of ownership too. I have feeling that maintenance cost of Skoda and VW is very high.

And regarding Fiesta, as I had Ford Figo earlier I don't want to go for Fiesta because when I had Figo I got Neo alloys, amp + Sub installed in the car, when I visited dealer for service they told me warranty is void because I installed Alloys, Amp + Sub and they noted that in their computer and made me sign some paper. Hence I do not want to go for Ford at all. Their cars need repairs daily and their ASS is horrible.

Re VW someone told me that it costs Rs 12000 to get the vento serviced. Is it so expensive ?

Also I was looking into bigger cars like Xylo, Scorpio, Ertiga etc. But mileage is an important factor and low maintainance cost also.

Thanks.

Yes, Skoda and VW's upkeep costs are high.

If you want cheaper maintainence, look at Maruti, Mahindra and TATA.

That leaves you with the folloing choices in "bigger" cars -

Ertiga
Xylo
Scorpio
Bolero
Grande

I would pick a black Scorpio LX or blue Ertiga !!!

Top Bottom