Which Car GPS to Buy?

Thread Starter #16
Yeah vibhor , it must be a head turner , then only i can stand as fast in this business!

So for this moving on slowly! earlier this was to be installed later stage , but as a tour is planned i got it now itself , atleast it could be helpfull!

yeah dhaya a smallest one

This is road pilot model. the very basic of the lot with 3.5 inch screen

The voice assist and directions are accurate.

I felt some difficulty at the start. Later on got familier by some 5 hours - 3 hrs it was in charging in car!

I dont have a good habit of reading a manual!

We can also plan a trip by typing a location place and add on further places.

At the end a summary of the same can be seen , it gives a accurate distance and hours of driving keeping a average speed may be 60kmph

Still i am not 100% familiar

I select this route in the device
Pondy-munaar-theni-kodai-palani-pondy.

it showed a distance of 1200 kms(i didnt remember exact)

so my question is it must have selected kodai of munaars central point. If i want to go through bypass of a city say theni - how should i select? because theni is a district and we can travel without touching the city part of it.

Still yet to discover these things in the device.

And a info i can give you/sale this model(NOT MINE DONT GET CONFUSED) for 7600/- a 400 less than mrp.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
Oh thats cool but i have the heard the voice assist being real loud in some cars that i hear it on the outside , maybe it has some volume control?!

But too bad that it can only be charged in car!

Yeah found out that too . it has a headphone jack 3mm

connect that and aux port in car - it must be loud [clap]

But how to hear songs , do we need to switch off the songs just to hear a silly girls command[frustration] .

I hate to obey her orders

Also for a turn there is 3 voice assist(eg to turn left)

1. 500mts turn left - we must lower the stereo volume at this point

2. 200 mts turn left - we can hear clearly if the previous step is followed

3. turn left - at this command we'll be exact at that point - very accurate

But you have to obey her orders to reach your destination![;)]

Great to know its very accurate!!

Have you ever tried going in the wrong direction?? What does it say then?? Does it tell the other alternate route from that road or does it tell us to take an U-turn??

Thread Starter #19
Yes tried that ,
it keeps saying some left and right - alternate route may be but the route which is blue marked stays like that for some time and then changes

Doesn't say to take a u - turn

Thread Starter #21
Congrats ilango for this device!! Looks good
Thanks man !

And even the bigger ones are there with 4.5 and 5 inch screen with multimedia input!

You can connect the reverse cam , dvd player , ur sd card and what more! their price ranges from 14K like!

Ok after the skirting settlement i'll be leaving today (else if tommor means i'll be online tonight)

Top Bottom