Which budget "Value-For-Money" Phone to Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Time has come for me to change my phone guys! Finally! [clap] Now I am on the lookout for a new VFM phone, as my budget is limited to Rs.5000 only [cry]

What are your suggestions? I am mainly looking for features like a good camera (to snap cars), bluetooth, extendable memory (which my current phone doesn't have) a good music player and huge message memory. It would be better if I stick to brands like Nokia or Motorola, but all your suggestions are welcome, as I have heard that some new brands have launched good feature-loaded phones at a great price.

HELP!!!?!!

If you are looking for a decent camera go for Nokia 6303 costs you about 6000rs camera will be 3.2 mega pixel. Or else as referred by RSM 5230 or 5233 but camera is 2.0 mega pixel only but it provides Nokia maps which would be great help for travelers when we get used to it once.

6303 is a good phone but i personally don't like it. don't know why. 5233 is a good phone and comes around 6.5k. if you can extend your budget, then you could go for it. but 5230 if not VFM. for the 1k extra(than 5233) you pay, you get 3G(no front cam and hence don't expect video calling). that's it. no difference between 5230 and 5233. and even the sound levels are very low on the phones even if you want to listen through earphones. another option is samsung s3500(me having it and not sure whether its still there in the market or not). comes with a 2 MP cam. decent quality sound and basic enough for everyday use. but ultimately, "THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!"
happy buying. :-)

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for replying guys, but actually my budget is pretty rigid (I can't stretch anymore than 5k) and my current phone is worthless so I can't exchange it for the new one. The suggestions all of you gave are pretty much out of my budget, but hey! I did some research too, and here is what I came up with! There is this phone, the Nokia 2700 Classic. It has a 2MP camera, 2nd generation-Bluetooth, GPRS connectivity, 2GB expandable memory card slot, a good MP3 player and FM radio. All at a price of just Rs.3729! I believe that is a bargain. All the features i need coupled with a proper VFM price tag. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? I'll need your replies quick because I have to get it either today or tomorrow. Attaching a pic of the Nokia 2700 Classic.

And Type-R, I have not chosen the Corby because I find it too cumbersome to use.

Attachments

Nokia 2700 is a good phone. A friend of mine just bought it. I think it is a vfm phone with good music output, though you may get better headphones as the oe ones are just decent not good though.

Thanks for replying guys, but actually my budget is pretty rigid (I can't stretch anymore than 5k) and my current phone is worthless so I can't exchange it for the new one. The suggestions all of you gave are pretty much out of my budget, but hey! I did some research too, and here is what I came up with! There is this phone, the Nokia 2700 Classic. It has a 2MP camera, 2nd generation-Bluetooth, GPRS connectivity, 2GB expandable memory card slot, a good MP3 player and FM radio. All at a price of just Rs.3729! I believe that is a bargain. All the features i need coupled with a proper VFM price tag. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? I'll need your replies quick because I have to get it either today or tomorrow. Attaching a pic of the Nokia 2700 Classic.

And Type-R, I have not chosen the Corby because I find it too cumbersome to use.
Hey buddy go for Samsung Metro 3310 is a nice contender.
Go for Nokia 2730 classic 3G set is a nice set, It costs 3800.

Go for the phone which you have mentioned Amaan. Being a Nokia it will be durable , reliable and user-friendly!

Don ever go for something other than Nokia if you drop and rough-handle your phone too much!:lol!:

samsung 3310 and 3500 are the same. the only difference being that the 3310 is a bar phone and 3500 is a slider.
but i really don't understand why you are inclined to spend less when you can go upto 5k?
Harsha Nokia is the only one giving a 3G set in that range.
So as amaan had mention 2700 Classic.
I suggested him the 3G based 2730 Classic.
Well according to me Spending more than 10k is waste on mobiles.
After my cell was accidentally washed in Washing machine (Sony Ericcson W810-i)[frustration] which was in my pant.
I have lost interest on phones.

Thread Starter #13
Nokia 2700 is a good phone. A friend of mine just bought it. I think it is a vfm phone with good music output, though you may get better headphones as the oe ones are just decent not good though.
Thanks Akash. That was valuable advice. I'll surely check the OE headset and if not good, I will get another one.

Hey buddy go for Samsung Metro 3310 is a nice contender.
Go for Nokia 2730 classic 3G set is a nice set, It costs 3800.
Couldn't find the Samsung 3310 anywhere Mukesh. And moreover I think I'd like to stick with Nokia only (as I have used it in the past and it is much more reliable)

Go for the phone which you have mentioned Amaan. Being a Nokia it will be durable , reliable and user-friendly!

Don ever go for something other than Nokia if you drop and rough-handle your phone too much!:lol!:
Sure Dhaya. My decision is pretty firm now. And BTW I do drop my phone a lot! I have a habit of tossing it up in the air to catch it [lol]

Yes Nokia 2700 Classic is a good phone[thumbsup]Truely VFM. I am saiying this because my mom uses it![:D]
Thanks Gearsdeep! You just made my decision easier.

samsung 3310 and 3500 are the same. the only difference being that the 3310 is a bar phone and 3500 is a slider.
but i really don't understand why you are inclined to spend less when you can go upto 5k?
The thing is, I am only going to use this phone for a month. In July, I will be getting another handset! So I don't wanna spend much. I'll explain more after the jump.

Harsha Nokia is the only one giving a 3G set in that range.
So as amaan had mention 2700 Classic.
I suggested him the 3G based 2730 Classic.
Well according to me Spending more than 10k is waste on mobiles.
After my cell was accidentally washed in Washing machine (Sony Ericcson W810-i)[frustration] which was in my pant.
I have lost interest on phones.
Really sorry to hear about the Sony Ericsson Mukesh, but that was truly funny! LOL [lol]

See guys, even though I have a budget of Rs.5k, I don't wanna finish it all now. You see, in July, Nokia will be launching a phone named the X2. Features include a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, dual speakers, 3G and Internet Connectivity, v2.0 Bluetooth, 16 GB expandable memory [shock] and virtually unlimited phonebook and message storage capacity. All this at a very high price tag of only

Rs.5000/-! [shock] Shocked? So am I! Attaching a pic of the X2.

Attachments

Wow. X2 looks like cool. I have no plans for an upgrade otherwise i would have surely waited for this phone. The feature list is really impressive for that price. Wise decision amaan.

One more suggestion for you armaan, but seriously not to confuse you,
'LAVA A9' is also an awesom peice and a VFM too![thumbsup] Again I am saying this is because my dad uses it! Just check it once, the finishing of the rear pannel is awesom! If you want I can post the pics of LAVA A9 also.

Top Bottom