Which Brand's Fuel Do You Fill? (IOC/Shell/HP/BP etc.)

Which brand of fuel?

• Indian Oil

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • BP

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • HP

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Shell

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Reliance

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Any Other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
I was cheated 3 -4 times in different IOCL bunks (specially in my area). Now a days i use only BP diesel / petrol for my car and bike. I avoid IOCL bunks. If BP is not available I go for HP.

Normal diesel for T-Rex & normal petrol for i10. No brand choice.

Dealer choice where minimum wait & windshield cleaning, tyre air pressure services are offered.

Addicted to Shell.
On long drive outside Bangalore my wife taunts me that "your Shell" is not here so fill from IoC or BP
Just for my knowledge. What is special and different in Shell?

I heard a lot on the Q & Q with Shell. However, have you ever calibrated and compared it well with others?

My car is used to HP petrol from the day 1 (from 2007) till date. I also use same fuel for my bike as well from the last 12 years. Satisfied with their quality & availability of petrol pumps throughout. BP fuel is also good but IOCL is strict no for me.

I preferred IOC at all times for my bikes because I get more mileage than HP.

In my Honda City Diesel, 1st filling happened in BP (Near to Home in Pondy). Then I tried in HP which is near to my Home in Hyderabad. Being loyal IOC customer, One day I went to IOC for filling my City. Surprisingly the engine noise increased, I taken to service center. I waited to empty the tank. Then I filled it from HP. I sensed it become to normal sound.

From then it drinks 99.99% of time only HP.

Which Brand is of Best Quality Diesel for Smooth and Healthy Ride?

Hi Guys,

Since las few days i am in discussion with my friends on "Which brand" is best suited for a diesel car in terms of Quality, good for engine and Smooth ride?[confused] and this is the best place to get my answer.[glasses]

I believe healthy and Quality diet is important for our beloved car.

My Vote for IOC. I am a fan of IOC.
Normal IOC Petrol for me for the most part, whether it's for my car or two wheeler.
IOC regular from trusted bunks followed by IOC extra premium. Found this to match Shell regular in terms of mileage if not smoothness but better than Shell in terms of lower end torque wrt my car.
Shell regular comes next as it's a safe bet.
Used BP regular sparingly but found it to be in similar league as IOC. Will be trying this next in a more detailed level.
Somehow not very reassured with HP, but I am trying it presently in my two wheeler. Mileage has been alright but pickup and lower end torque wise I miss my IOC.

in my city except shell we have all the listed ones, and for my tata muv and hero two wheeler i used to go for bharat petroleum, reason for choosing is the petrol pump is run by police dept, which i trust more then anyone out there, if i had to visit i choose to go for above mentioned ones.
the quality is just can't be describe, but the service and on time real accuracy and lubes which they provide is far far gret from the other private retail petrol pumps, out there.
will always prefer psu brands regardless of private one out there.

Do all these brands have any difference in the quality of Fuel,Petrol or Diesel?
Or does the quality depend on individual petrol pumps?
HP pump of 2 different area may have difference in the quality, where they can cheat customers.
If there is a difference in quality, then why not a professional review or Quality check of the fuel like we have reviews of cars on various sites?
I stick to HP petrol pump in my area because the pump staff are polite and genuine.
but even after using other brands i dont find much of a difference in the running and efficiency.

Top Bottom