Which Brand's Fuel Do You Fill? (IOC/Shell/HP/BP etc.)

Which brand of fuel?

• Indian Oil

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • BP

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • HP

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Shell

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Reliance

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Any Other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Re: Which company's (brand) fuel you use?

I was using HP ealier but since a year now I am using Shell for my Santro & Activa. If on long drives I do not see any shell then I go for HP / BP COCO pumps.

HP it is for me. They are most reliable at times. They check with driver to see the 0, and do not come with questions like credit/card etc in the middle of filling.

I have been a loyal customer with IOC since about 7-8 Yrs... Have a IOC Pump near my home and they are pretty decent. Have been filling my Figo with Normal Diesel always there, and never have had any issues yet.

Tried BP once and HP couple of times. And Shell for Diesel??? [clap] What I would prefer is COCO Pumps, which is not in vicinity.

Behind the screens... I have Credit Card tied up with IOC... Which benefits me with Turbo Points [:D][:D][:D].

Nearest bunk is Reliance (COCO) so I fill petrol from there most of the time. No issues - both quality and quantity are assured. Recently, Reliance petrol price has been brought at par with PSU bunks but earlier I had to pay more than PSU bunks.

Last edited:
BP mostly, IOC / HP sometimes.
For Petrol / diesel never tried Reliance. The only reason I enter Reliance is for LPG, that too whenever there is no other alternative.

Petrol Options

Hey Everyone!

Let me know your petrol brand of choice. and why?
What drives you to stick to your petrol brand? The price? The performance? The loyalty card benefits? Locations and convenience? Service?

Re: Petrol Options

Hey Everyone!

Let me know your petrol brand of choice. and why?
What drives you to stick to your petrol brand? The price? The performance? The loyalty card benefits? Locations and convenience? Service?
I prefer shell for my bike, as I feel I get the correct quantity of fuel, they will not dispense the fuel, until the customer ensures its zero.

And for diesel HP if it's payback preferred station, also 4000 payback points gives me 1000 Rs fuel card.

When the tank is nearing empty I fill it with she'll for bikes, later HP or BPCL.

When going for long drives I prefer BPCL for diesel.

I was regularly switching betweel HP,IOC and BP. But now for the last 3 fills in my Maruti Alto, I am filling Shell Super Unleaded. Mileage hovering around 12-13 in city for now. But they mileage improves as we stick to it regularly. Filling in the same bunk with the same nozzle. The Super unleaded is retailing around 81.40 rupees in the Ambattur Shell Bunk in Chennai.

I would prefer Shell, but then since there aren't many Shell pumps around my area, I go for Indian Oil, and rarely I go for HP in-case both aren't there.

Top Bottom