Which are the Best Tyres for BAD INDIAN Roads?

Thread Starter #1
I want to know which are the best tyres for bad Indian Roads?

One of my friend owns a Swift VDi, clocked 42k+ kms on the odo, so he wants to change the stock 165/80/14 to 195/60/15.

Now he, rather we are confused regarding the tyres. Though I suggested him Bridgestone Potenza GIII, but the problem is that he doesnt respects his ride, in other words he is a Maniac![evil] He doesnt take care on potholes or bad roads. More over he rides 80% on bad roads. So we are confused that are GIIIs are good for bad condition roads.

He does not want expensive tyres like Yokohamas or Michelins, however he liked the GIII's thread design.

His dad suggests him to go for Indian brands like MRFs, SASTA AND TIKAU! But we youngsters didnt like the design of MRF tyres.

Hope you understood the doubt and might help us sort out something. Any other tyre brand's suggestions also welcomed!

Thanks a lot.

Amandeep
aka
Gears1313

G III's outperform almost everything in the market. Its value for money too. I have them on my Alto and its like driving on rails-rain or shine.

Bads roads can be a problem for 15inchers. suspension will loose their life soon. a better idea is to install 185/70-14 on stock rims. stock rims will retain the suspension warranty & the 70 profile will be gud for comfort. IMHO, go for Yokohama A-drive[;)]

Thanks for you reply Jalex.

Agreed with your statement, but what about bad roads with pot holes??[confused]
No problems for bad roads too,G III's are tough as well. But if you go for a tyre which is totally meant for bad roads (rocky terrain),it will be one with a higher profile and harder rubber which can be a pain on good roads. G III's can handle all the conditions we have without much drama. Its way better than the Indian rival brands anyday.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Bads roads can be a problem for 15inchers. suspension will loose their life soon. a better idea is to install 185/70-14 on stock rims. stock rims will retain the suspension warranty & the 70 profile will be gud for comfort. IMHO, go for Yokohama A-drive[;)]
Thanks for the reply and advice buddy, but he has strictly removed Yokos from his list as they are costly.
No problems for bad roads too,G III's are tough as well. But if you go for a tyre which is totally meant for bad roads (rocky terrain),it will be one with a higher profile and harder rubber which can be a pain on good roads. G III's can handle all the conditions we have without much drama. Its way better than the Indian rival brands anyday.
Thanks for the reply Jalex. Thats good that GIIIs are good for bad roads too.
Nwayz any info about cheap brands like MRF's, CEAT, APOLLO,etc?

Go for CEAT 185/70-14.
Yokohama aint too expensive. will cost around 3500 approx for above size. BTW... A-drive is one of the best comfort tyres out there.

Nothing comes close to the performance and value a Potenza offers. Trouble is getting a set as they are hard to find and source since they have a huge demand. Once you use it and feel it for yourself you never will hunt for another brand. Its for you to decide finally whether you want it or not. I have friends and colleauges using Potenzas on their Octavias,Dzire,Esteems,Estilos,Altos,Accent and Corolla. No one has had a single issue with them, and I strongly recommend them.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Nothing comes close to the performance and value a Potenza offers. Trouble is getting a set as they are hard to find and source since they have a huge demand. Once you use it and feel it for yourself you never will hunt for another brand. Its for you to decide finally whether you want it or not. I have friends and colleauges using Potenzas on their Octavias,Dzire,Esteems,Estilos,Altos,Accent and Corolla. No one has had a single issue with them, and I strongly recommend them.
Thanks for the info and guidance jalex, shonty and sriharsha. He have finalized on POTENZA GIIIs.[glasses]

Now guyz please help me with this alloy's design also. I have created a new thread for the same, here's the link
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...445-help-me-about-alloy-design.html#post52034

Last edited:
Completely agree with you. And Honestly Potenza isnt very expensive, so no issues of your frieds dad not agreeing for it.

Thread Starter #12
Updates:

Guyz, my friend has got Bridgestone potenza GIIIs 195/60/15 on stock steel rims of Jazz! He has sent a big THANKS[clap] through me to all those who helped him to finalalize on GIIIs!
Since he did not found any good design, he got the tyres which were a must for his ride. His ride is now running on Steel rims of Jazz with wheelcovers. Was lucky to find one.[frustration] I am still not able to find any for my DZire.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I have an i10. and need 4 tyres. all are completely gone , needs to be changed. so which brand do you recommend.

a friend suggested to buy yokohama.

Top Bottom