Which 2 Din Touchscreen HU to go in for?

Thread Starter #1
Plans for my next car:
We've decided to change the HU to a 2-din DVD with a touchscreen, add a 4 channel amp, as well as components.
1) Which one is the best among Clarion VX400A http://www.clarion.com/in/en/product...413866619.html, Pioneer 4200, and Sony XV60?
2)What's the street price with B&W in India for each of them?
3)How much would a JBL 4 channel amp set us back by?

You have not yet bought the car & you want to discuss it's ICE?!?!?!

which car are you talking about- polo or i20 or fiesta or Dzire?!!!

Thread Starter #4
You have not yet bought the car & you want to discuss it's ICE?!?!?!

which car are you talking about- polo or i20 or fiesta or Dzire?!!!

I'm talking about the SX4. Dad has told me that he will buying in December, and to make a list of all the stuff I will fit. I will most probably get the HU from the USA.
If you have any problems with this, you are free to spare me of your advice.

NO problems. Its better to be ready with the list in advance. BTW ICEing queries are best answered by ICE gurus Raj, Cooldhaya, Ilango. So have patience, they will soon come to your rescue.

@ Akash I am no ICE guru and i have no knowledge about HU'S and its pricing.[:)]

@ Arkin A four channel JBL amp will cost around 7k i guess. HU i have heard Alpine and JVC are good.

But hey December is still a long way away buddy. First book the car before planning such things. Previously you created a thread discussing alloys for i20 but you have changed your decision towards Polo making that thread useless now. Just my advice , no offence meant!

Thread Starter #8
How is that? I'm going in either for SX4 or Manza QJD, and will fit alloys on them too!
And irrespective of the car, be it an SX4 or Manza, I will definitely upgrade the ICE too.

Like Rajeev, anyone is free to spare me of their advice. I just wanted to talk to my dear friends about it. And how is that thread useless now? Say if another forum member wants alloys for his i20?
Oh, and I met Satya @ EVO today, he tells me I can get a decent 4 channel JBL at about Rs 7k, as you said. I will be ordering a Pioneer/Clarion/JVC HU from the US next month.

Arkin, congrats on your next priced 4-wheeler :D SX4 is a good car. As for the touchscreen HU, I would suggest you look for pioneer 4200 dvh model. It would close you close to 20k in India.

Thread Starter #10
Yeah it's a good one. But about the price, are you sure (w/B&W) I am told the cheapest is 24k w/o B&W. Anyway, I can get it for ~ Rs 16k from the US.

yeap surething mate you can get it for 16k in the US. if you have someone coming down from the US, then this would be your best option. Get pioneer and nothing else as I am sure it would suite your taste.

But hey December is still a long way away buddy. First book the car before planning such things. Previously you created a thread discussing alloys for i20 but you have changed your decision towards Polo making that thread useless now. Just my advice , no offence meant!
How is that? I'm going in either for SX4 or Manza QJD, and will fit alloys on them too!
And irrespective of the car, be it an SX4 or Manza, I will definitely upgrade the ICE too.

Like Rajeev, anyone is free to spare me of their advice. I just wanted to talk to my dear friends about it. And how is that thread useless now? Say if another forum member wants alloys for his i20?
i agree to what cooldhaya says.

dont get do offensive Arkin. you can surely discuss things with your "dear friends" in here but making such threads for practically everything ruins the quality of posts in this forum, IMHO. its not necessary you should agree with me.

about alloys, you would obviously know that tyre sizes & PCDs of all cars differ. so discussing about SX4's & Manza's alloys are different.

if everybody in this forum starts creating threads for the car they are going to buy, for the accessories they are thinking about, the gadgets they are planning to buy, etc... just imagine what a place this forum would look like- millions of threads with just 2-3 replies. it wont serve any purpose to other new members too. remember, we need quality & not quantity.

you can consider this post as either a friendly suggestion or an advice from a "non-dear" friend, it your lookout. if its the latter, i wont argue with you & as said above, i have spared you from my advice. [:)]

cheers.

One OT and might sound like silly Question:[frustration] What does IMHO stands for. Also what are the fulforms of other shotforrms like OE, OEM etc!!

I really wanted to ask this question earlier but something in my mind stopped me, but now I am asking.[confused]

Top Bottom