Where Do You Get Your Car Serviced / Repaired / Inspected?

Where do u get your car serviced/repaired/inspected

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Lots of car owner goes for garages to save money, many goes to A.S.S for genuine results, many goes to ASS but not at showrooms.

I am new car owner and would like to know what does the ither car owners do when they need their car repaired, serviced or inspected.

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Where do you get your car serviced/repaired/inspected

For servicing and inspecting the car, I go to Authorized service stations only. But for the dents and scratches (denting and painting), I go to Local Shops. And for accessories for my beloved, I prefer Aftermarket stuffs as Maruti charge almost thrice the price than the aftermarket (local) things.

It would depend on car to car. There are some brands whose spares are just not available in the open market and so owners of such cars have to perforce take the cars to authorizes service centres only. Also, since most cars today come with 2-3 years warranty, most owners would not want to void the warranty by getting their cars repaired outside. If we are solely talking about a car brand whose spares are freely available in the market and in respect of which the warranty has already expired, I would like to believe that 80% of the owners of such cars would still take their cars to authorized service centres, mainly because of lack of knowledge about/faith in outside repairs.

I give my car to the A.S.S. only but sometimes for some minor paint jobs, I give my car to a trusted paint garage.

I prefer A.S.S. only, being new car the warranty will not be covered if you service in outside garage. Even in A.S.S. attention will be definitely not that great with Main dealers, compared to small A.S.S. You can definitely get personal attention with small A.S.S, So choose the best among them.
I personally experienced with Maruti & TATA A.S.S.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, Thats why I repair and Shop for the car from Aftermarket. MASS is thrice the price as compared to aftermarket. The ORVM (Alto) is Rs.2700 there which is 800Rs. in Local Shops!

350Z

Core Team
I stick to authorized service centres for servicing. Though in case of minor repairs, I would prefer a private and reputed workshop which is sometimes as good as authorized and works out fairly reasonable too.

But A.S.S are quite costly compared to outside garage, the same spares are sold at quite high prices at A.S.S
Don’t risk with the spares. It might be spurious if it’s available cheaper outside.

Drive Safe,
350Z

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, I was talking about the Accessories, not the spare parts. The accessories like Fog lamps, Door visor, Beadings, ORVMs, Tints, etc.

Thread Starter #10
I want the suspension jumper to be repaired or replaced, ASS quoted the prize of one jumper to 1700Rs where's the private garage quotes it to be around 1200

I stick to authorized service centres for servicing. Though in case of minor repairs, I would prefer a private and reputed workshop which is sometimes as good as authorized and works out fairly reasonable too.

Don’t risk with the spares. It might be spurious if it’s available cheaper outside.

Drive Safe,
350Z

NEXUS MASS Bel Road Bangalore - Stay Away

Please stay away from Nexus Maruti Authorized Service Center (MASS), Near Ramaiah Hospital, Bangalore. Their charges are exorbitant. If they estimate 5000 rupees initially, the final bill may turn out to be more than double of it, say 12-15k. Funny thing is they charge 650 rupees as labour charge for replacing 4 tyre rims. A shop next to it charge 40 rupees at max. Just imagine how they would fleece in all other charges.

Initially they estimated 6800 rupees then comes the call to replace suspension arms. First they quoted 1500 rs on call when visited it was increased to 2500 rs. Finally when bill came total became 13500 rs. 8967 rs of Items and 4600 rs is labour charge. Where as initially they quoted 4900 for items and 1900 as labour charge.

By their wish and will they charged for some works like silencer dent removal etc, which was never communicated or approved. And I never knew if those things were really required any fixes.

It was sure from their face expression when confronted that they are fleecing. If at all Maruti is authorizing such kind of shops then definitely I WILL THINK TWICE NEXT TIME BEFORE BUYING MARUTI VEHICLE or MARUTI ITSELF IS PART OF FRAUD BY AUTHORIZING SUCH KIND OF SERVICE CENTERS?

When confronted with them, they had no explanation but to shamelessly demanding to pay up the bill. I was shocked to see the service bill of a vehicle which had run only 3000 kms since last service. Really a big thieves shop, stay away and save yourselves.

I am attaching bill images with this for fellow members reference. Notice the way they are charging labour, everything is of 100 rupees which is multiplied by number of items(as per their will).

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom