What's The Meaning Of Variant Names (LX, VX etc)?

AMG

Suspended
Re: What's the Meaning Of Variant's Names (Lx,Vx etc)?

Update! The full form of S-Class (in reference to Merc) is Sonderklasse in German which translates into Special Class. As for the others:

- E: Einspritzung (Fuel Injection)
- SL: Sport Leicht (Sport Light)
- CL: Comforf Leicht (Comfort Light)
- SLK: Sporlich, Leicht und Kurz (Sporty, Light & Short)

Drive Safe,
350Z

It is actually Sportlich and not sport.

Re: What's the Meaning Of Variant's Names (Lx,Vx etc)?

Premier Padmini was one of the first to start with this. We had the Deluxe BE and Deluxe BU. The BU indicated floor gears. Otherwise most cars were standard (without any suffix) and Deluxe. Deluxe had various meanings. Sometimes it indicated just additional colours or upholstry. Sometimes it meant there was an AC. Initially Maruti had only the Standard and DX (with AC). Later on (few years after the Zen was launched) they came on with the LX and VX versions on the Zen and Esteem. VX meant power windows were additional. There was no way to differentiate the PS and non PS models. The VX though came with PS I think. There was also the Esteem AX which was an automatic. The Zen Auto was just called the automatic. No AX badge. Then came the Alto. The PS version was called the SPIN. LXi and VXi were then used to indicate fuel injected engines. Later on in the Alto (by then all cars were MPFI) LX and LXi were were used the differentiate PS and non PS. However the Wagon R automatic was called the AX even though it was a MPFI. The ZXi started with the Swift. With the arrival of the Fiat diesel engine the started the LDi, VDi and ZDi. The ZDi came with the Dzire.

Re: scorpio

Hello experts, I'm a new comer. I would like to know the meaning of vlx, sle and other words written on scorpio. Would you guys help me
Hi Karthik, Welcome to TAI, enjoy your stay here.

Now coming to your query, basically a couple of years back Scorpio came with these nomenclatures like VLX, SLE to differentiate the features provided.

A quick google search could get this info, hope this helps.

Difference in Scorpio SLE vs VLX | India Travel Forum, BCMTouring

Top Bottom