What's the Fate of Maruti Suzuki Gypsy?

To keep gypsy still alive Maruti should put in the 1.4 litre K-series petrol engine from Ertiga and also give 1.3 litre ddis engine from Swift . Also they already have fiber hard top they just need to add A/c and Power streeing, I think by doing this they can easily get sales figure of about 400-500 unit monthly.

Even I always had a desire to own a Gypsy. However is has always been overpriced, new as well as second hand. If you're looking at Off-Roading, the Thar is a better choice. Otherwise the Duster makes sense.

Even I always had a desire to own a Gypsy. However is has always been overpriced, new as well as second hand. If you're looking at Off-Roading, the Thar is a better choice. Otherwise the Duster makes sense.
8.5L isn't cheap for thar it was cheap in past 6L

Well honestly Gypsy is one hell of a machine and I would never want that car to be a history. Now being little bit practical and looking at the current market scenario Maruti should increase the power of the engine and do a major update in terms of the interiors and safety.

If they can mange to do that this beast will never be a history.

Gypsy is 6L adding power steering and ac it will cost 6.40L So its 2L difference in Delhi. 2.6 is old Scorpio engine this is only thing good inside thar . It seam goa is cheaper.

Gypsy is 6L adding power steering and ac it will cost 6.40L So its 2L difference in Delhi. 2.6 is old Scorpio engine this is only thing good inside thar . It seam goa is cheaper.
I think there is some mistake in your Thar price. All vehicles are cheaper in Delhi as compared to Goa. Can't be only the Thar is cheaper in Goa, that too by a lakh.

That's 1week old price from dealer as I had went with one of my friend to TD thar as he was interested in THAR although he has booked gypsy after TD mine gypsy .

Thee ONLY reason why people like mastersquall are able to buy a brand new Gypsy is because the Defence Services are still placing orders for one. Let's hope they continue doing so till the time each TAIndian is able to buy one :biggrin:

Thee ONLY reason why people like mastersquall are able to buy a brand new Gypsy is because the Defence Services are still placing orders for one. Let's hope they continue doing so till the time each TAIndian is able to buy one :biggrin:
Indeed India is only country where gypsy(also known as samurai in US and sierra in Australia) is still in production thanks to our government and with military demand still high seen lot of new gypsy its not going any where

The Gypsy was also known as the Santana in some markets. It had to be withdrawn in some markets as it could not meet some safety standards. Appparently it used to topple quite easily.

The Gypsy was also known as the Santana in some markets. It had to be withdrawn in some markets as it could not meet some safety standards. Appparently it used to topple quite easily.
yup due to its light weight you can take corner more then 55 speed till 50 no problem . i meet few military people there comment is that when it comes to going any place only thing which can catch gypsy is arjun tank

hi everyone,

Have a maruti gypsy in excellent condition, auctioned from army only 8 k kms done,fully painted (white) new battery,new hood ,lights etc, wide tyres & alloy wheels (set of 5) . want to sell for 3.21 L

Top Bottom