What Would You Pefer: Mercedes or Ambassador with Red Beacon?

Luxury vs Respect?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red beacon or not, the Amby deserves to be in the scrapyard. Our family doctor became CM many years ago. The first thing he did was retire the Amby's and Padminis and got in the 118NE. Later the ministers moved on to TATA Estates, Esteems, Baleno's, Honda City's, Civics, Corolla's and now back to another disgraceful vehicle, the Innova.

Our district collector rides in red beacon Manza.
Ambassadors with red beacon are fast becoming an endangered species.

District collectors in many districts of Kerala are having Manza as official car. Seen similar situation in some other states also.

Here in my current location, I don't see red beacon Ambassadors on a normal day but there are premium cars and even luxury cars with red beacon.

There are Fortuners, Santa Fe, Audis, Skoda, Indigo, Camry, Civic, Manza and BMW with red beacon here.

Red beacon or not, the Amby deserves to be in the scrapyard. Our family doctor became CM many years ago. The first thing he did was retire the Amby's and Padminis and got in the 118NE. Later the ministers moved on to TATA Estates, Esteems, Baleno's, Honda City's, Civics, Corolla's and now back to another disgraceful vehicle, the Innova.
These people are not worth to sit even in rickshaw,[anger] they should thank god that they have Innova.

Is this true in real? I don't think so.
It is there buddy. I know this well.
Red beacon is only for cabinet ranking people & chief & cabinet secretaries & EC chief. It is also there for high ranking defence official but they have altogether different car with different registration number.
Rest of Govt employees get orange beacon. Those who have SPG cover but aren't cabinet members get blue color beacon. Yes, blue beacon is used on VIP cars also besides ambulance. I have seen it on LK Advani's car.

Ambassadors with red beacon are fast becoming an endangered species.

District collectors in many districts of Kerala are having Manza as official car. Seen similar situation in some other states also.

Here in my current location, I don't see red beacon Ambassadors on a normal day but there are premium cars and even luxury cars with red beacon.

There are Fortuners, Santa Fe, Audis, Skoda, Indigo, Camry, Civic, Manza and BMW with red beacon here.
Those luxury cars are privately owned cars of ministers. Govt isn't rich enough to afford such cars. [lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
It is there buddy. I know this well.
Red beacon is only for cabinet ranking people & chief & cabinet secretaries & EC chief. It is also there for high ranking defence official but they have altogether different car with different registration number.
Rest of Govt employees get orange beacon. Those who have SPG cover but aren't cabinet members get blue color beacon. Yes, blue beacon is used on VIP cars also besides ambulance. I have seen it on LK Advani's car.
Why is it that some SDMs in Delhi have cars with red-beacon(Gypsy or Ambassador)? (Using "some" as I don't know about all)

Red beacon or not, the Amby deserves to be in the scrapyard.
Rear seat of an ambassador in which I sat once was more comfortable than WagonR. It can be changed seats or something though.

well guys I am suffering the same problem every day.No one can work as per written laws, if someone work as per law he will get a transfer next day.

You have just entered politics, I have already served as BJYM Prez of my constituency (later quit as I wanted to focus on business), my maternal uncle is big shot guy in Vidarbha & other guy's office is filled with MLAs during election times. And trust me, it is the Merc which is powerful than red beacon amby. I have witnessed cases where ministers come begging for party funds, DMs, cops come for transfers etc. It is for the masses who think red beacon is powerful, in reality, its not. I have seen business guys commanding a private army [glasses]. Best part of these people is they maintain low profile in society, while politicians face you will find in newspaper, flex, hoardings & even common public toilets. [lol]

BTW, the DMs & rest have orange beacon, only cabinet level guys have red beacons. And yes, that red beacon is temporary, Merc power is permanent.

Anyways, here are couple of pics of one of our cars -
My buddy after reading your lines,I am hell sure you don't know my background..but that's not what we are discussing here.

What you have mentioned is 50% true,no doubt but let me tell you the fact that it's not only money or Mercedes which wins over Amby everyday.We have seen many of yours crorepatis and arabpatis coming to the MLA/MLC to get any of their works carried out.
Hence I can't agree with you completely and in case you wanna know then let me tell you that our family has political interference from the time of my grand father and had high influence in 90's,so you can't say I am new to politics and on the business point,I am sure you may be knowing that I am already in business.Rest,I am not in a mood of going any more OT and hence you can throw any kind of question on PM,I am comfortable with any kind of them,weather of 1 number or 2 number...any kind...

Actually it's not your mistake,there is a fact that any person who has seen the power of only money can never understand the power of chair.

what if a civilian use red beacon as fancy light, to fulful his dream ?
Consequences?
Jayadev,

Assume that you meant "General Public" (Term Civilian is used for those other than military. District collectors, Police Officers, Ministers and all other dignitaries who are not in military comes under the catagory of Civilian)

The use of Beacons is restricted and controlled as per the Motor vehicle rule.

Red beacon with flasher, Red beacon with out flasher, Amber (Orange) beacon, Blue beacon are all meant for use of various groups of dignitaries as per the government notification.

If the eligible dignitary is not in the vehicle, then beacon should not be used and has to be covered with a black cover.

So general public are not allowed to use it as a fancy accessory.
Jalex can explain to us about the consequences.

Last edited:
Gentlemen this thread isnt serving any purpose in all honesty, probably the only good information as a general knowledge is who uses what kind of beacons.

With all due respect you can buy/command any of two given your aptitude and choices you make and you can reach equally successful highs(and lows) in both cases so lets not further inflame and with this in mind i am locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom