What Went Wrong with Ford Figo!

i don't know is it related to oil or not

My figo is running fine in terms of mileage, driving and performance
but recently found the yellow warning lamp on console is blinking rarely (mostly on slow speed) while driving and am not able to describe or regenerate the occurring condition.

let me check with the dealer and see what is it ?

by the way did anyone among you encountered similar issue

Hi Alex,

Thanks for clearing any doubt. I have never said that it will always consume the max amount (or over the max amount). However in certain cases it does so and these are the cases that have been reported.

For Innova Taxi segment it is a well known fact and they generally do necessary periodical top up.

I have a Figo and have not faced any engine oil related issue so far. Hence my conclusion that all other factors remaining same and there being no problem in the engine, the only factor that might affect the oil consumption is the driving style.

Vivek, I dont think I have further to contribute to this thread on the engine oil issue or in a new thread regarding the same. I deeply respect any member's opinion in this forum .. I only wanted to put forward the fact that every engine consume oil to an acceptable limit.. be it be multijet , CRDi, D4D or TDCI.

i don't know is it related to oil or not

My figo is running fine in terms of mileage, driving and performance
but recently found the yellow warning lamp on console is blinking rarely (mostly on slow speed) while driving and am not able to describe or regenerate the occurring condition.

let me check with the dealer and see what is it ?

by the way did anyone among you encountered similar issue
I did had this issue on my ritz,the air filter adapter was loose and rectified it by re-fitting it,
check it out it may be of the same simple reason.

@chayan, thank you for the valuable information from the innova users manual.

Vivek, I dont think I have further to contribute to this thread on the engine oil issue or in a new thread regarding the same. I deeply respect any member's opinion in this forum .. I only wanted to put forward the fact that every engine consume oil to an acceptable limit.. be it be multijet , CRDi, D4D or TDCI.
Don't get offended buddy, i am talking about real world not what is there in service books, most of the engines don't need top-up. Many things are there on the books but we don't follow everything. It is there on the books to justify some amount of oil consumption but it don't happen in most of the new gen engines. One of my friend was having similar problem(don't remember now), and he got it resolved.

List of Repeated faults which I have faced and Still on…….!!!!!

1) Vehicle engine cuts off while driving. (It is life threatening because power break and the power steering will stop Functioning)
2) Faulty Break System (Started at 3000 km and it is now 60000 km and it is still on)
3) Faulty Air-condition (Compressor blasted numerous times)
4) Both Head Lamp cracked and replaced
5) And I am one among those 1.28 lakh of ford car which is recalled by ford India with Faults.
6) No Guaranteed Mileage as they promised
7) Very poor Tyre Life
8) Worst Service ever seen and experienced.
9) Pathetic customer service from Ford India and Kairali Ford.
10) Never had a peace of mind

Please visit here often to get more and interesting updates. As discussed with Ford India and Kairali ford we will do the best to take this issue to the public. Anybody having trouble with ford India or Kairali ford then please do contact us.
Dear Friends ,
All those who are having some trouble in their ford figo titanium particularly the engine shuts off while shifting gears and the car losses power at any moment. It is because of the emission problem which is common in cars of make 2011-2012. When you go to the service station those people will tell you that this is because the poor fuel quality but have you every notice such kind of problem with other brand like maruti or honda filling fuel from the same pump. No its not there. There is some kind of manufacturing defect on the part of the company itself. Previously I think that I am only one having such kind of problem but now the curtain is open there is lot under the carpet itself. If you really want a free or near to free of cost solution kindly contact me or post your no. here so that some one from our group can call you. Friends it is a common problem and hence there must be a common solution. Let the company pay for it rather that you. All you have to do is to unite and fight. Feel free to contact me

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom