What is an Oil Saver?

Thread Starter #1
Got my car serviced at Carnation yesterday, saw in bill an item named Oil Saver for rs 650/-.
Are they looting me???

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Oil SAVER??

which car do you have ? and can you post the image of the bill you got ? maybe oil saver meant for some other thing. please elaborate.

Re: Oil SAVER??

What I know about oil saver is that its an expensive additive which is added to the engine oil for its better viscosity and longer life etc etc.
And I am quite sure,the bill is for the same.

350Z

Core Team
Re: What is Oil Saver?

Carnation is infamous for including unexpected and unneeded charges in the bill (as usual in case of a workshop). Please be careful in future while dealing with them and clearly inform that no other items should be included in the bill without your prior consent.
Got my car serviced at Carnation yesterday, saw in bill an item named Oil Saver for rs 650/-.
It is an additive to improve efficiency of those engines that have clocked higher mileage. Anyways, it's a little overcharged. I think a can of 3M costs somewhere around six hundred bucks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oil saver or valve saver fluid

what does it actual do ?

I know some of those additives :
Octane booster
Injector cleaner
Valve saver

what did he add ?

Always check with the manufacturer if the engine requires additives. Do not spend money on additives. Engines are designed to run without additives (unless the manual tells you to add extra stuff to keep it running).

Also check if putting additives in engines could affect the warranty.

Top Bottom