What is a Temporary Registration Number?

Hi All,
I have a question about insurance while your vehicle is in temp reg period.
Is insurance valid when your vehicle is in temp reg period? If there is any damage to car, can we claim the insurance in temp reg period?

Thanks.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have a question about insurance while your vehicle is in temp reg period.
Is insurance valid when your vehicle is in temp reg period? If there is any damage to car, can we claim the insurance in temp reg period?
Actually we can claim insurance because in the policy the date of purchase, chassis number are also mentioned apart from the Reg. Number. In Delhi, due to HSNP, it is a rule that without a valid reg. number no car shall leave the showroom.

Regards

Akash

Hi Everyone there,

I've booked for Baleno 1.3 delta. The dealer says the temporary regn will cost 6000/- and it will be done in Coimbatore ,TAMILNADU. Is that such costly?? Because temporary regn will be valid for just a month!! Why is it such ??

Please help!!

Dear TAI-gers,

This is my first post here and would request to be excused if I breach any rules in my first post.

I have been following the TAI threads for months now ever since I started exploring Tiago. However, I turned out booking a Zest XMS instead of Tiago XZ as there was only a difference on 50K due to the great discounts I received on Zest.

Coming to my query, I put up in Delhi but am purchasing the car in my hometown Lucknow and will be getting the delivery tomorrow. I intend to drive the car back to Delhi on Sunday but am worried about beings stopped at Tolls with just an A/F sign? My Dealer SA says that I can do so without a Temporary Registration as I will have the Invoice copy with me and the car will only be 2 days old. He says that Temporary Numbers are only issued if I am going to register the car in other state but I am going for a UP registration only which will take approx 1 week.

Guys please advise, what should I do and can the dealer give me a temporary registration by Saturday if I really push him hard. He seems really reluctant in the temporary registration.

Regards
RK

Dear TAI-gers,

This is my first post here and would request to be excused if I breach any rules in my first post.

I have been following the TAI threads for months now ever since I started exploring Tiago. However, I turned out booking a Zest XMS instead of Tiago XZ as there was only a difference on 50K due to the great discounts I received on Zest.

Coming to my query, I put up in Delhi but am purchasing the car in my hometown Lucknow and will be getting the delivery tomorrow. I intend to drive the car back to Delhi on Sunday but am worried about beings stopped at Tolls with just an A/F sign? My Dealer SA says that I can do so without a Temporary Registration as I will have the Invoice copy with me and the car will only be 2 days old. He says that Temporary Numbers are only issued if I am going to register the car in other state but I am going for a UP registration only which will take approx 1 week.

Guys please advise, what should I do and can the dealer give me a temporary registration by Saturday if I really push him hard. He seems really reluctant in the temporary registration.

Regards
RK
Welcome to TAI RK1487, I guess you could take the vehicle on roads if there's original invoice copy of Road Tax is present with you, however it's the dealer's duty to deliver the car post registration ONLY as per RTO rules, so you should keep an eye on R.T.O guys mainly.

Welcome to TAI RK1487, I guess you could take the vehicle on roads if there's original invoice copy of Road Tax is present with you, however it's the dealer's duty to deliver the car post registration ONLY as per RTO rules, so you should keep an eye on R.T.O guys mainly.
Thank you Vishwas for the prompt advice. It is indeed quite enriching to be part of a great community of fellow motor enthusiasts [:D]

I am pushing the dealer really hard to give me a temporary registration. I really don't understand why isn't he willing to do so. And if it is their duty to deliver the car post registration then this situation should not have arise in the first place [cry]

Top Bottom