What Do You Think of Portable Pressure Washers?

Thread Starter #17
I visited some shops at Thodupuzha who sell pressure washers. Some of the brands were Woodpecker,Bosch Aquatak 10 and AR Blue clean from Jags Impex. The Bosch unit is 7000 rupees,woodpecker was 6200 and 6500 at two different shops. AR Blue Clean had a price tag of 6500/- rupees.
All the units have a 6 month warranty for the motor only.
What amused me was that none of the dealers knew where any of the units were actually manufactured. Some said even if you get it as made in Italy or Germany,the parts or components might have been made in China and then badged as made in the respective country. But they dont know for sure.
And all of them told that you should not use the pressure washer of such capacity for more than 20 minutes at a stretch or you will burn the motor. All units were having a Maximum pressure of 100bar.
I'll keep you updated as I get more info.

Thread Starter #19
ilango[speed thirst];46305 said:
Well jalex , is that bosh aquatech just 6000/- , in a magazine it was 13k
and we should not use it more than 20 min ?
or is 20 min dead line without water ?
Aquatak 10 is the base model and thats the one which comes in a range of 6750-7000 Rupees.
The dealers told that you should not use it continuously for more than 20 minutes without stopping the motor. If you do, the unit may get overheated and the coils in the motor might get burnt. And he said it costs 3000 rupees for rewinding in the woodpecker make machine. Dont know what it might cost for Bosch.

@jalex: Opting for a pressure washer will be a costly affair for your individual vehicle washing needs. These systems are usually used by service centers or pro washers which will be worth for them. For you, all I can recommend is that get a Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaner in which you will have an option to attach your regular Tap water pipe to the machine and it will blow the water at high pressure at variable speeds. Although the pressure won't be as high as a Pressure washer, but I am sure it will certainly satisfy your needs and cleans your vehicle well.
I use Euroclean 5000 model bought from Eureka Forbes (the same company which manufactures Aqua Guard water purifiers) to wash my vehicles and I am pretty much satisfied with its work. The model that I have is around 10 years older, so now you get much more sophisticated products at lower prices too! Hope that helps!
Take care of your ride [cheers]

Thread Starter #22
@jalex: Opting for a pressure washer will be a costly affair for your individual vehicle washing needs.
Take care of your ride [cheers]
I was okay with shelling out around 7500 rupees for it. But now I've come across an issue.
A friend and a dealer told me that these pressure washers, the base models that is, run on very high RPM and are bound to go kaput no matter what the brand. (Its just a 6 Kilograms machine that pumps out 100bar pressure at max.)The European ones are intolerable to voltage fluctuations too. There is also another a problem, if any dirt or algae or a grain of sand comes through the water inlet into the machine then it can ruin the whole thing and then you might have to shell out a huge amount to get it fixed. This does not happen with the big ones though they said.
If thats the case then I might have to re-consider. I'm very insistent on reliability and I cant run around with a broken down machine.

Last edited:
I was okay with shelling out around 7500 rupees for it. But now I've come across an issue.
A friend and a dealer told me that these pressure washers, the base models that is, run on very high RPM and are bound to go kaput no matter what the brand. (Its just a 6 Kilograms machine that pumps out 100bar pressure at max.)The European ones are intolerable to voltage fluctuations too. There is also another a problem, if any dirt or algae or a grain of sand comes through the water inlet into the machine then it can ruin the whole thing and then you might have to shell out a huge amount to get it fixed. This does not happen with the big ones though they said.
If thats the case then I might have to re-consider. I'm very insistent on reliability and I cant run around with a broken down machine.
@Jalex: Well,I hope you are talking about a vacuum cleaner..lol I did not face any such problems with my vacuum cleaner, and in fact it has served my needs from past 10 years [:)] and helped me keep my drive clean.

I searched a lot on pressure washers:
Bosch aquatak 100 plus price : Rs 7500 + 5.25% (in gurgaon haryana) carbon brush motor
Bosch aquatak 1200 plus price : Rs 16000 + 5.25% (in gurgaon haryana) induction motor
Black and decker Pw1700 SPX : Rs 8000 + 5.25% (in delhi chawri bazar) universal/carbon brush motor
Black and decker Pw2100 SPB : Rs 1500 + 5.25% (in delhi chawri bazar) induction brush motor

And finally I decided on:
Surie polex 110 bar pressure washer : Just Rs 5100 induction motor (sonipat haryana), surie polex basically import pressure washer parts from china and assemble in bahadurgarh (haryana) factory. feaures: induction motor, 110 operating pressure, 130 max pressure,
I went to Surie polex at naraina delhi, and saw the demo. its really worth to purchase this as they provide service and all parts of the pressure washer are available.

Hi Guys,

Karcher is a reliable machine and I have used it earlier. However I used a machine in which there is a facility to even cut/peel the paint out and get to bare steel and it was not used on a automobile. It had the pressure adjustments/settings for this.

Since the machine generates high pressure, I would suggest some things.

1. Please use a mask on your face for Safety. There have been numerable accidents due to a slight turn of hand and the pressurised water hitting the eyes leading to damage.

2. Please be extremely careful while handling the gun. Do not touch the water jet to assess the force, your fingers may get damaged. Please do not turn on the jet on any living thing/plants. I have seen people's finger get cut in two pieces when they tried to assess the force of the jet. I am not sure about the pressure settings on the machine to be used for an automobile but I think it will pay to be careful.

3. Please be sure to buy some seals/Orings etc when you buy the machine so that the leaks can be repaired. Since the machine is a High Pressure machine, leaks will definitely develop after a certain period.

4. The machines manufactured in China/Taiwan can develop a leak because either the material used in the rubber is not compatible or the rubber parts are old and therefore develop a leak. It also can be due to mismatching dimensions/designs of the seals with the parts on which the seals sit. In any case they can be repaired.

@Biddu Pressure washers for industrial use generate upto 500bar pressure which eventually cause accidents when used carelessly. I have been using pressure washers from Unitor and Karcher , in one incident a person got a deep cut in his leg when the jet accidently turned on him !
But the ones which are available for car washing generate around 100 bars which can also cause damage but to a lower extent.

Usually these pumps are positive displacement pumps with a relief valve . So, as Jalex rightly said even a small grain of sand can damage the pump ! the best way is to use a filter in the suction line of the pump.
IMO Pumps from a good reliable company should last long if used properly.

Top Bottom