What Do You Dislike in Your Car?

Thread Starter #1
this thread is just to discuss what are the things such you hate in your car. It could be the features or the engine or the chassis, etc. You guys get the point. So I'll start off with mine:

Honda Civic:
Boot too small. Even ANHC has bigger boot.
seatbelt warning. very annoying. especially when i just get in to the car and it already starts beeping. like seriously? I just got in to the car! Give me some time to settle!
no range meter.
GC low. not much of an issue here but it has met with concrete a few times.
low range torque. it is soo less! Even jazz is ahead in low range torque race. but once above 3K RPM, bye bye Jazz.

will continue later.

Ha ha ha. Nice thread to start!
I ditto you in regards to the seatbelt warning. It's really annoying. I have the ground clearance just like you. Roads in India have big bumps when compared to your place.

lack of cubbyhole in my punto.
i wish i had enough space to throw in my mobile, wallet, pen, coin etc but ,,,

water bottles need additional space on seat...sigh

Well to start off in Verna. My base model has absolutely nothing , no features! This is way back in 2008 when even top-end model did not have many fancy features , but still after seeing these modern new hatches , i feel kinda disappointed! And handling and suspension is not great. Well apart from that i think i am satisfied with my car.

With Aria , no complaints man , i just love Aria! Though i feel electrically adjustable seats and sun-roof could have been given.

this thread is just to discuss what are the things such you hate in your car. It could be the features or the engine or the chassis, etc. You guys get the point. So I'll start off with mine:

Honda Civic:
Boot too small. Even ANHC has bigger boot.
seatbelt warning. very annoying. especially when i just get in to the car and it already starts beeping. like seriously? I just got in to the car! Give me some time to settle!
no range meter.
GC low. not much of an issue here but it has met with concrete a few times.
low range torque. it is soo less! Even jazz is ahead in low range torque race. but once above 3K RPM, bye bye Jazz.

will continue later.
great thread! if warning buzzes immediately after opening door then yea i agree it must be kinda annoying. Honda should have made it so that it buzz only when engine is on!!

Things that I dislike in my Indigo TDi LS: -

1. Poor pickup at 1st and 2nd gear. "3rd at 30" is my religion.
2. High speed breaking: - Breaking from about 70kph is clean, but beyond that it is horrible. New driver may fall in love with the turbo kick after 2100RPM, but breaking is not at all trust able at high speeds.
3. Indigo doesn't let me love any other car, due to her performance. That is another thing that I dislike !

OT
2. High speed breaking: - Breaking from about 70kph is clean, but beyond that it is horrible. New driver may fall in love with the turbo kick after 2100RPM, but breaking is not at all trust able at high speeds.
bit of searching and digging in internet may help you resolve brake issue. normally it is due to poor run of the mill brake pads, try better performance brakes from a mod or some knowledgeable person.

Last edited:
Lancer GC is the greatest problem, with skirts on it it reduces further .
seating in and out takes a lot of effort for my parents.They hate it .

No other problem except the petrol tank [cry]wish it could be an diesel tank [lol](just kidding)

350Z

Core Team
Good thread, Archit. Will help some future owners considering purchasing the cars that we own. Speaking about some dislikes in my Maruti:

1) Highly unsafe: On one hand, the small size of 800 is a boon in tight spots, but on other it proves out to be a bane on empty expressways where this car feels highly unstable and unsafe.

2)
Loose body parts: I understand this was the world's cheapest car on it's time alright. But this doesn't translates to provide low quality fitting. A small bump is enough to throw the bumper down.

3) Small boot space: Another thing which extremely irritates me. Even the jellybean shape Zen or Alto are much better in terms of boot space. On the 800, all you can accommodate is one medium sized suitcase.

4) Ineffective headlamps: The headlamps are so ineffective that you would be forced to get out and check whether they are really working or not.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

I'll be blunt here!

Esteem: Low Seating and Brakes

Honda City Ivtec (1st Gen 2011): Ground Clearance, No lighter.

SX4: Vxi 2007 model did not have fog lamps. Difficult in winters to drive. Even my 2006 Esteem Vxi has fog lamps.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom