well all is well in my car. If im dissatisfied with something. Its the stock A/c Blower man that isn't enough for this huge machine. its like feeding a python with a mosquito. however changing it to superking. also rear passenger ingress and egress. but i love this boy so ill live with it.
My Ritz Petrol-What I dislike,
-No driver seat height adjustment except top variant,
-ORVM's are not electrically operated,
-Too high clutch biting point [compared to WagonR],
-C-pillars are too thick,obstructs rear view.
Ford Figo: perfect. Except for exorbitant service. Spent ₹50k in last 2 services and pending work of ₹60k still to do. Their replace policy is crazy. For some squeaking bush in the steering, had to change the whole steering column for ₹26k. To replace brake drum pads, wheel bearing and housing needs to be replaced at ₹20k. To change accessory belt, 4 pulleys need to be replaced, costing ₹18k. These could have been managed with a ₹20 bush, ₹400 brake pads, and ₹80 belt.
1) For some squeaking bush in the steering, had to change the whole steering column for ₹26k.
2) To replace brake drum pads, wheel bearing and housing needs to be replaced at ₹20k.
3) To change accessory belt, 4 pulleys need to be replaced, costing ₹18k.
These could have been managed with a ₹20 bush, ₹400 brake pads, and ₹80 belt.
2006 Alto LXi :
1. No safety feature (LXi is top end)
2. No Power Windows
3. No Left ORVMs
4. No fog lamps
2012 Swift VDi :
1. Poor Brakes
2. No safety features (not even ABS)
3. Flimsy body (A minor touch from a biker creates a dent)
4. Bad ergonomics like placement of power windows, window adjustment and central locking switches
5. No height adjustment
6. Ridiculously elongated waiting periods (I'm sure some of it is souped up)
7. Thin Windows (Doesn't filter down outside noise i.e. NVH)
8. Poor leg space at rear bench
NVH, oh yes NVH is really bad in the Beat Diesel but since it's a 3-cyl diesel I don't expect much. If you press the throttle just right, and the tacho's showing 1000 RPM the car shudders violently. You get a free body massage! But probably something's wrong with the car, in many a reviews I've read that the reviewers accidentally double cranked the engine, they didn't look at the tacho! Would love that kinda peace in my car.
I love my car but dislike some of the things like-
1. Low end torque of R18 engine.
2. Missing Rear AC vents
3. Missing split Rear Seats.
4. Missing audio controls on steering wheel (However I have managed to put steering audio controls imported from USA)