What Car For Office Commute: Maruti S-Presso vs Renault Kwid vs Tata Tiago vs Datsun Redigo?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for a secondary car for crowded market commutes, city commuted or metro station runs, kindly suggest which one should I pick? I will mostly be using it alone? Also, If I want to save bucks Can I go for Kwid 800cc?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Go for the Tiago. Every other car you mentioned is not a safe car to be in. Don't look at just features only. Buy the base model of Tiago if budget is constrained ,get the missing accessories from the market.

Thread Starter #3
Go for the Tiago. Every other car you mentioned is not a safe car to be in. Don't look at just features only. Buy the base model of Tiago if budget is constrained ,get the missing accessories from the market.
Thanks for your reply. Yes Tiago XE is good, but I will only install Central Locking (RD Brand even from Showroom) and Music system, while the later is fine, the former has reliability issues I saw this video:
The guy in the video bought XE and then installed accessories from the dealer itself and now he is facing issues. Even, my cousin facing issues with RD Central locking. So bit worried about this,

Nairrk

Honoured Member
If possible, go for a model which has your minimum requirements even if you have to stretch the budget a little bit instead of installing these accessories on a base model. You will never get the perfectness of factory fitting when fixing things from dealer or from after market shops.

I'd pick Tiago over other cars in your list.

Good Bits:
- Safety
- Ease of driving in city
- Looks (subjective, I hate the BS6 rear bumper design).

Bad Bits:
- Could feel under powered depending on what your regular primary ride is.
- Plastics may rattle depending on your road conditions.
- Service experience will be a mixed bag.

Top Bottom