Welcome New Car Segment: Mini 5 Seater SUV

Re: Which New Sub-10 Lakh SUV You See Topping Segment Next Year?

That’s a lot of competition going on for SUV section..
I was just wondering anyone has review or information about "Force" SUV?
I know it was launched but never seen it on road or never heard/read about owners take.

+1. 5-seater SUV is not a VFM proposition unless it is priced in 5-6L range like the Premier Rio.
Well there is another angle to this. Instead of buying Ford Fiesta Classic/Manza/Logan/SX4/Sunny why not buy Renault Duster? Which has same sitting capacity of 5, which has similar boot space of 450+ Ltrs and has much better ground clearance, offers 4 wheel drive, same pickup of 0-100 in 11.x sec. You will get off roading capability too and in similar price tag of 7 laks.
Think about it...

That’s a lot of competition going on for SUV section..
I was just wondering anyone has review or information about "Force" SUV?
I know it was launched but never seen it on road or never heard/read about owners take.
I have seen two of the Force motors SUV on road. From outside they look superb. What I have heard is poor interiors/features and after sales service is something that has hit it pretty badly. To eclipse this Mahindra XUV 500 is priced almost at the same price with tones of more features/goodies.

No comments yet,first of all wait for the auto expo and launches get done,then only I can say anything.
Rest right now,remove the price bar and its the Mahindra Bolero which is ruling and will rule in 2012 too.

Well, the ecosport will be like a beefed up fusion.
Dont see it doing too well.

For me it will have to be
1: merlin
2: mini-xylo
3: duster (if renault opens more dealerships)
Keep mini-xylo out as it will be entry level compact UV. Rio,m-xylo will be in same category.

Huge chances that R3 will create a new definition but it’s not an SUV. Ecosport and Duster are the next from which I have some expectations.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Maruti R3 maybe named as Ertiga. It will be a MPV like Innova. I think it will sit between Versa & Innova. The front looks like ballooned Swift. Putting the pic below.

+1. 5-seater SUV is not a VFM proposition unless it is priced in 5-6L range like the Premier Rio.
:agree:
R3/Ertiga, m-xylo has to be 6L OTR, else why would people not buy regular Xylo if price is 7L or more ?

Attachments

All i would say fight is ON. Lets wait for the best to come out.

Just going by the looks and what is due, Ertiga and Duster may be the hot ones next year. Though someone has pointed out correctly, Ertiga has to be priced somewhere less than Xylo to create a new price point. If in competition to Xylo, it would be tough for maruti to pull it off. Maruti has never been able to justify its bigger cars, count Versa, Kizashi.

Just going by the looks and what is due, Ertiga and Duster may be the hot ones next year. Though someone has pointed out correctly, Ertiga has to be priced somewhere less than Xylo to create a new price point. If in competition to Xylo, it would be tough for maruti to pull it off. Maruti has never been able to justify its bigger cars, count Versa, Kizashi.
+1. There is resistance of buying Maruti if car goes above the SX4 segment & pricing. Besides Kizashi, you can even add Grand Vitara.
Versa didn't do well, hence came the Eeco at lower price.
One thing is but sure; Xylo will beat Ertiga hands down if Ertiga is launched in similar price.

Hi All,

IMHO in price bracket of 8-10L following are the list of SUVs which will create buzz in this segment:

1.) Mahindra Scorpio
2.) Tata Safari (New Version)
3.) Ford Ecosport
4.) Renault Duster

Others will be MPVs, or not priced in this segment. May be in 2013 we'll see compact SUVs from Tata, Maruti, Honda and other manufacturers.

Yes Scorpio will surely gets a facelift/upgrade after launch of new Safari to counter its launch.

We all know that a new segment of crossover and mini suvs is about to open up in India thanx to ecosport and duster which other mini suvs would you like to come in India ? Here is my choice which I would like
1) Nissan juke - just love this crazy mini crossover can be superhit in young and female crowd.
2) Nissan qashqai making real great news and already a hit in Europe.
3) Opel mokka which gm must bring in India .
4) Toyota rush
5) Peugeot 408
Now goes my wish list
1) Honda crossover on jazz platform

2)
some thing mean and sexy from mahindra
3) Tata mini suv on the manza and vista platform.
Would be great if you guys can come with sone news or your wishlist.[:)]

Mods iam sorry for the spelling mistake in the title of the thread I meant "would" instead of "wiuld"

Re: which mini suvs and crossovers wiuld you like to see in india?

I would like to see Volkswagen Tiguan. That is a expensive compared to others but is a practical and luxurious SUV and can beat Fortunar.

Top Bottom