Weekend Trip to SriSailam

Thread Starter #1
Hi All. This is my first post about my long drive trip in my Honda City. We were a group of 5 friends/collegues working in the same project for an MNC. It all happened on a typical Friday evening in our office canteen where we decided to have fun over the weekend. We then finalized Srisailam as our weekend getaway. luckly we all stayed nearby Hitech city with just 2-3 km apart So, gathering ontime was not a problem.

Pre Travel checks:
- Air pressure check up 32 Psi - OK
- Brakes conditions - OK
- Oils top up - OK
- Coolant - OK
- spare type check up - OK
- full set of audio cds - Double OK [;)]
- Snacks / Water bottles - OK

Route Map : Madhapur - Outer Ring Road - Shamshabad Int airport Road - Srisailam Highway - Srisailam.

Journey: 1..2...3.....Go !!!!!
We started at around 6:30 am in the morning from my place in Madhapur (Hi-Tech City), reached Gachibowli X roads and took a left turn heading towards Nehru Outer Ring road. This is an excellent 8 lane strech for about 26 Kms, and kept going straight on ORR to join the srisailam highway. The Srisailam state higway road condition is good except few pot holes here and there. We were not in a hurray to reach the destination by driving in 100+ kmph speed, So we mainitained a steady speed. We had lots n lots of jokes/fun, specially jokes on our manager was hillarious [:D]. At around 8:15 am, I am not sure about the place namee, but we stopped at small road side tiffin shop, where we had the hot hot idly's with chutney as breakfast. After breakfast we continued our journey.

Next, on continuing 45 mins of drive we reached the Tiger sanctuary. It was drive inside the jungle for an about 1 hr 30 mins and that to in the forest dept. Jeep. No private vehicles are allowed. It took 30 mins for us to reach the end point. It was a very good view point and one can see the wide spread of tha nallamala forest.we spent for almost 2 hrs at Tiger sanctuary place. At the end we were totally exhausted so we decided to have a lunch break. Just before taking a left turn on the junction from the main road that goes to malellathertam water falls, there's small huts who prepare lunch on order basis. we had our lunch break there and headed towards the waterfalls. Believe me its a wonderful experience to be there and also standing under the water falling from such a height is, huffff thats awesome. Some pics...

Back from water falls and resumed the jounrey to Srisailam, after about 30 mins drive we reached the DAM view point. spend some time there and had photo sessions and started again. Just before entering the srisailam town there's lord ganesh temple. One's belief about the temple is that visting the temple would take off all troubles/problems from their life. After darshanam we entered the town. Since we dont have any advance reservation for cottages we roamed on the roads for rooms. And we got it, its Raghavendra matam, the rooms are Ok for a night stay. everyone was totally tired and exhausted. Fianlly had dinner and ended our day 1.

Day 2:
After dharshanam, we check-out the room and went to ropeway and boating. unfortunately, we were late in the morning and beacuse of this we were unable to get the boat to Akka Mahadev temple. As per the boatsmen it would take near about 4-5 hrs to n fro including site seeing at Akka mahadev area. So, we just had a normal boating in the srisailam dam back water. here are some snaps. And other sites visited are Paaladara Panchadara and forest department Zoo.

Return:
we started in the evening around 5:30 pm before the entry into forest gets closed. With just 1 stop we reached Hyderabad International Airport road. Had our dinner break @ McDonalds in the airport. Finally reached home. trip concludes.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Great pictures and a lovely write up. Quick weekend trips are always a fun. You people surely had it which I could figure out from the images. I love Jungle Safaris too. Since SriSailam Tiger reserve is the largest one in India. Did you manage to spot any tigers? A rare case though. In Corbett we just have to satisfy with pug marks. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom