Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I am planning for 2 trips to welcome the New Year, with that I take the liberty to wish all the fellow motorheads here on TAI a very Happy New Year in advance !!
Coming to the point, the trips, one would be a weekend trip and another one could be somewhere around 4-5 days.

Please suggest some good circuits around Hyderabad, already covered places include Nagarjuna Sagar, Srisailam, Hampi, Vikarabad, Vishakhapatnam, Warangal and a few other nearby places.

No dirt roads please, I am quite sensitive about my ride. [drive]

Mods, I did a search for a thread on this, but couldn't find. Please merge/move if neccessary.[cheers]
Thanks!

Thread Starter #4
Finally some replies [:)]
@droy : Been to Shirdi too a couple of times, not by road though. Pardon my ignorance, but what will I do in Pune, I agree its a beautiful city, but I want some tourist places. I want to get away from the hustle bustle of a city.

@350Z : Ramoji Film City is part of Hyderabad, been there umpteen times. Whenever someone visits us in Hyderabad, the first place we take them is Ramoji Film City.

To let you know my interests, I am more keen on exploring the remains of the Indian Architecture, Wildlife, a place for leisure and relaxation.[sleep]

350Z

Core Team
@350Z : Ramoji Film City is part of Hyderabad, been there umpteen times. Whenever someone visits us in Hyderabad, the first place we take them is Ramoji Film City.
I could assume that but couldn’t stop myself suggesting because it’s really a lovely place. And I’m born and brought up in Delhi yet I haven’t been to a few of the prominent tourist destinations here. Nevertheless, this link might be useful you: 325 Tourist Places around Hyderabad - Hyderabad Weekend Getaways

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Thanks 350Z and yes I agree with you. Infact, there were places which I knew were categorized under 'must visits' here in Hyderabad, but took a long time for me to explore.
Reason makes me feel a lil ashamed : I was scared to take my ride into the city as Hyderabad traffic is pathetic, if you drive in city, God Bless you, your ride and your pocket. You can't keep the car the way you would want to.

An instance, I was near the GVK mall in Hyderabad on a signal, a bike rider was trying every means possible to go ahead using even the slightest space left between cars. I was on the extreme right, he started using the divider which was very small at that point in time and somehow landed front leg guard of his bike on the right rear door of my ride, leaving a bad looking dent. I started blasting him and he said, 'Sorry bhaiya pair(read leg) fisal gaya'. The policeman came and said, 'Chotta sa scratch hi to hai' and let the bike rider go.[frustration]

Anyway, coming to the point, thanks for the link but I have already visited this and wanted opinions from the fellow members for places which they have visited themselves. I know there are very few TAI members from Hyderabad, but people from nearby(Bangalore, Pune, Vishakhapatnam) etc can suggest places which are doable from Hyderabad.

Thanking you all in anticipation :please:

Top Bottom