Warm Greetings To Everybody!

Thread Starter #1
Dear Members,

Warm greetings to everybody. I am Simple_car from Bombay (Mumbai- sorry but I like the British name better).

I am a doctor by profession, and a petrol head by passion. I eat, sleep and drink cars. Besides cars, I am active only in the medicine community. Otherwise, I am generally regarded as a recluse by all my friends and family. I spend all my free time reading books and maintaining my cars.

Coming to cars, as of now I don't own my personal ride as yet, but am responsible for maintaining all of family rides. So, I have a good know how about the functioning and maintenance of cars in general. My family rides are as follows:
1. Chevrolet Spark: 2007 model, done 90K kms as on date. The car I learnt to drive in, it holds a special place in my heart.
2. Ford figo: 2010 model, done 30K kms. My dads primary ride, its the titanium diesel. My favorite ride as well.
3. Mahindra bolero camper: bought in 2010, its done 2.5 lakh kms till date. Its a heavily abused vehicle and serves dad in his small hobby. Its got the DI engine, which although is archaic as far as tech is concerned, but its a very abuse friendly engine. I generally get to see it only once a year, that too when its maintenance time. So you get the idea that its serviced at 25k-30k kms interval (not recommended at all, but I have no choice as far this is concerned. I try my best to keep it in shape)
4. New ford fiesta dct: My mom's ride. Done 10k till date. Its an excellent car, but just doesn't pull my heart strings. But its the only car I prefer to drive when I have to, largely due to the A/T convenience.

Apart from the above cars which we own, I personally am caretaker of 7 other cars of friends and extended family. I get allotted an annual budget for the maintenance of all these vehicles (includes 7 other cars as well). Its not a generous budget either [:)] (you see, my parents believe strongly that a vehicle shouldn't require any maintenance at all, they prefer to let the authorized service centers loot them, and sell off the car in 5 years). But thanks to my interest in automobiles I now can proudly say, that in spite of a strict budget, my cars are simply superb mechanically. Although I have to compromise as far as the looks are concerned (read --> dents, dings and scratches), I hope to close the gap in the near future (read--> 5-6 years, I have to fight for a higher allotment for car care every year in the budget you see[;)]).

A little more about myself:
1. I am a firm believer of long term car ownership, and I love cars of 70's and 80's era a lot more than the new ones which are rolled out from factories today.
2. I prefer a well engineered car (read--> german), than a feature loaded and a aesthetically beautiful one.
3.The modifying bug hasn't yet bitten me yet, since I thoroughly research about anything that might go into my car, and as of yet, I haven't devoted enough time to understand the pro's and con's of modifying a car.
4. I actually don't drive around much. I prefer to walk or catch a train. Hate travelling by buses, auto-rickshaws or taxis. Most of the mileage in the cars is put up by my family and extended family. However, I love long drives:)
5. Am not into photography as well, prefer to enjoy the scenes through my eyes and imprint them into my memory rather than see through the lens and then spend a lot of time photo shopping to make the same photo a little bit better (no offense to enthusiasts, my own brother is into photography)

Hope to share my car ownership and maintenance experience with all of you here. You will find me more active in the technical section and the maintaining my ride section.

Thanks for reading,

Drive safe,

Simple_car

Simple_car, Hearty Congrats and warm welcome to TAI. Yours is one of the best introduction messages I've read sofar. Thanks for sharing your passion about the cars and looking forward for many more activity from you.

Keep rocking :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Doc, welcome to the TAI, your intro is quite interesting. I liked reading your intro. You being a Doc have good knowledge about machines, it seems. Have a nice stay.

Last edited:
Hello Doctor,

Welcome to The Automotive India. You seem to have some really interesting cars in your garage. Petrolheads are all the same. They never like to part with their rides.
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ping us in case you require any assistance.

Cheers.

Doctor Saab A very warm welcome to TAI.
I will eagerly await your ownership review and also look forward to your active participation in the technical section.

Have a nice stay here !

Best Wishes
IR

Thread Starter #6
Hello Doctor,

Welcome to The Automotive India. You seem to have some really interesting cars in your garage. Petrolheads are all the same. They never like to part with their rides.
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ping us in case you require any assistance.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot Akash. These cars are actually nothing. My family has changed over 21 cars in last 10 years. No, we aren't rich, but some of the members have their own small enterprises; so they love claiming depreciation. I joined this community to help out others as well as take help from others. I have burnt my hands and money enough. I wish to now try out a different approach.

Hey Doc, welcome to the TAI, your intro is quite interesting. I liked reading your intro. You being a Doc have good knowledge about machines, it seems. Have a nice stay.
Thanks a lot. Btw I don't have much knowledge, only learnt by experience. Wish I had the foresight to do research 5 years back. But I have no friends and family who are even remotely connected to cars.

Simple_car, Hearty Congrats and warm welcome to TAI. Yours is one of the best introduction messages I've read sofar. Thanks for sharing your passion about the cars and looking forward for many more activity from you.

Keep rocking :)
Hey raaj, hello to you too. Hope to see your ownership experience of your figo as well. Even if its uneventful, do post it. You'll be surprised to know, how much insight even uneventful ownerships give me.

Doctor Saab A very warm welcome to TAI.
I will eagerly await your ownership review and also look forward to your active participation in the technical section.

Have a nice stay here !

Best Wishes
IR
Thanks Iron rock. I had read your ownership reports some time back. Must say, you have well maintained rides. And please don't call me doctor saab. In the doc hierarchy, I am still quite junior:)

Hey Simple_car,

Welcome on-board!!

Very detailed introduction man and would be looking forward interactiong with you in the technical discussions.

350Z

Core Team
4. I actually don't drive around much. I prefer to walk or catch a train. Hate travelling by buses, auto-rickshaws or taxis. Most of the mileage in the cars is put up by my family and extended family. However, I love long drives:)

5. Am not into photography as well, prefer to enjoy the scenes through my eyes and imprint them into my memory rather than see through the lens and then spend a lot of time photo shopping to make the same photo a little bit better (no offense to enthusiasts, my own brother is into photography)
Heartiest welcome aboard, simple_car. You have brought quite a different approach in this forum as a petrol head because most of us here enjoy driving and photography alike. I’m sure it will be a pleasure to interact with you on the forum. Let’s catch up in The Technical Zone sometime soon. Have a fantastic time here. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom