WANTED : Double-DIN DVD Player for Chevy Optra!

Thread Starter #1

Fazer

Suspended
Hi Guys.

I own a Pre Loved Optra Magnum LT. I want to change the Current HU of the car and add some more modern technology and complicated one.

The current ICE Setup is as follows :
HU : Sony MEX-BT3600U
Front : JBL GTO-609C 6" 2-Way Component System
Rear : JBL GT6-S699 6"X9" 3-Way Speakers

The car is used by Dad 99% of the time, So, No Subwoofer or Amplifier required.

Dad is not a fan of bombarding car (full of Bass and High Volume) and so, listens to old songs[sleep]. (Sometimes songs related to Gods, etc[lol])

My requirements in the New HU are :
1. A Good Quality Double-DIN DVD Player
2. USB, Aux, Bluetooth
3. Good and Reputed Brand (Pioneer and JBL preffered)
4. Good Sound Output and Touch Screen
5. Budget : Rs. 30000. (Not a penny more than that)

Eagerly waiting for the suggestions.

Packing Up.[:)]

Last edited:
Wouldn't have a clue with the models in India but yeah I can give show you some .
Pioneer AVH-P3450DVD ( 578$ ~ 30K rs)

.7" Touch Panel Display QVGA (480X240) motorized with 5 levels to adjust
· LED Backlight
· 2 Din type installation
· Advance Sound Retriever
· 8-band graphic equalizer
· Mosfet 50w x 4
· RMS power 22w x 4
· 3 RCA outputs (2v)
· Super tuner III D
· 112 color button lighting and 5 selectable color GUI
· Screensaver customized
· Front Auxiliary Input A/V (mini jack 3.5mm)
· 1 Amp. rear USB Input 2.0 (external cable incl.)
· Mini-jack input for remote control of OEM control (required interface)
· iPod and iPhone direct connection (music & videos) (CD-IU201V required)
· Remote control included
· Multi-language display (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai)
· Menu personalization
· RDS
· RGB input
· Back-up camera ready
· Multi-channel processor ready

Pioneer FH-P6050UB Double DIN CD MP3 WMA USB Car Stereo (218$ ~11000Rs)

Photos attached

Attachments

SONY XNV 660 BT ( bluetooth) (about 500$~27000Rs )

Features:

• Integrated Navigation from TomTom
    The Sony® XNV-660BT A/V Receiver features TomTom navigation. TomTom is the only company to incorporate the most accurate maps available.
  • 1 Year Free Map Updates
    Included in the box is (4) map updates that are available for use within a 1 year period of when you register the product.
  • Plays DVDs/CDs and digital files
    The XNV-660BT A/V Receiver with Navigation plays all the most popular formats. The XNV-660BT can play CD, DVD, MP3, WMA, AAC, JPEG, MP4 (Simple Profile), CODEC files.
  • Advanced Sound Engine with EQ7
    The Advanced Sound Engine uses a 7 band equalizer to fine-tune the sound. The 7 band EQ sounds way better than other systems which have only a 3-band. This also has adjustable Low pass , and high pass crossovers filters. This will give you complete control over subwoofers, and full range speakers. The advance sound engine also contains the Sony exclusive "Listener Position Calibration", DM+ advanced sound restoration, Rear Bass Enhancer, and Center Stage Optimizer to create the most advanced car listening experience on the market.
  • Text to Speech
    When driving to your destination, the XNV-660BT will announce turn-by-turn directions, including street and place names. For example, it will say make right at main street, isntead of just saying "make right turn ahead".
  • Emergency resources menu
    This is a cool TomTom feature called Help Me! Its a menu to assist in any emergency. This allows you to quickly obtain address information to the nearest hospital, police station, etc. in case of an emergency. First aid guide also provides info on what to do if an accident occurs.
  • 6.1” Touch Screen Display
    This model has a Digital High-resolution TFT (WVGA) 6.1” touch screen display. It will make everything easier to control with gesture commands and on-screen touch screen buttons.
  • USB 1-Wire Connectivity
    Connect, charge, and control your iPod, iPhone, or Walkman® player or other compatible USB devices via the USB 1-Wire on the rear of the unit. You can also view song titles, and artist names on the front display.
  • Satellite Radio/HD Radio™ ready
    The XNV-660BT integrates seamlessly with Satellite Radio and HD Radio™ using Sony® adaptors so you can receive digital satellite radio or HD Radio™ broadcasts.
  • IQ Routes™
    Exclusive technology evaluates routes based on actual traffic speeds, rather than posted speed limits, and will recommend the fastest route for the time of day. Using data collected from over 6 million drivers rather than just relying on posted speed limits.
  • 6 Million Points of Interest
    Preloaded with the locations of millions of gas stations, restaurants, hotels, hospitals and more.
  • Preloaded Maps of US & Canada
    TomTom navigation provides the most accurate maps with over 1 million more miles of road in the US than other GPS brands.
  • Integrated Bluetooth®
    Taking calls and enjoying streaming audio has never been easier or safer to do in your vehicle. Connect compatible devices and easily choose between Hands Free and Phone Book Access or Audio Streaming.
  • Easy-To-Update Software
    My TomTom makes it easy to get new software, download new maps, access free content and more. Simply bring the TomTom Navigation Module from your car and connect to your computer via USB.
  • Advanced Lane Guidance
    Provides extra clarity on the bright display to tell you when you what lane you should be in when you navigate difficult intersections or highway exits. You will clearly see your lane and never miss a turn. You will see 3D images showing you exactly where to go.
  • QuickGPSfix™
    GPS data that predicts satellite positions and enables quicker GPS pick-up. Faster satellite pick-up means more traveling and less waiting around.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5

Fazer

Suspended
Pioneer AVH-P3450DVD ( 578$ ~ 30K rs)

.7" Touch Panel Display QVGA (480X240) motorized with 5 levels to adjust
· LED Backlight
· 2 Din type installation
· Advance Sound Retriever
· 8-band graphic equalizer
· Mosfet 50w x 4
· RMS power 22w x 4
· 3 RCA outputs (2v)
· Super tuner III D
· 112 color button lighting and 5 selectable color GUI
· Screensaver customized
· Front Auxiliary Input A/V (mini jack 3.5mm)
· 1 Amp. rear USB Input 2.0 (external cable incl.)
· Mini-jack input for remote control of OEM control (required interface)
· iPod and iPhone direct connection (music & videos) (CD-IU201V required)
· Remote control included
· Multi-language display (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai)
· Menu personalization
· RDS
· RGB input
· Back-up camera ready
· Multi-channel processor ready
Oh, Thanks for the reply Codename. Actually, I am also tilted towards getting a Pioneer Mixtrax. (The First pic you posted)

Features:

Thanks for the info. But, I don't want sony HU again. They are CRAPPY. And at 27k, I will better get the Pioneer one you specified.

I will go and check out the Aftermarket-Shop tomorrow and will let you know the models available along with the prices.

Anyways, Dad says that He wants a SUBWOOFER and AMPLIFIER also! [lol]
I don't know how he got this thought! He says : 'If it can be used in our next car also, I will get it'. [:D]

So, Need your valuable suggestions on Sub and Amp also.

Thanks.

Pioneer sounds okay man .

Sub and Amp :p , uncle loves Doof doof eh!

Amp, I bought mine with a deal , buy 1 get 1 free
Sony Xplod 1000 Watts 12 " i guess in Original Sony enclosure.
For amp, if your not going to power the speakers with it get a mono block and thats it.

Top Bottom