Want To Buy a New Phone (Bought Samsung Galaxy R)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am planning to upgrade or rather change my current BB curve 8900 to following two models.

BB 9780 Bold
BB 9360 Curve

You are requested to suggest about the performance or have encountered anyone using these phones and suggest pros / cons.

I have read reviews of both these phones and looks good to me but first hand information would definitely add more value to my decision. [:)]

Note : As I have enterprise connection on my current BB. Going for any other phone other then BB would not be feasible.

Re: Wanted To Buy a New Blackberry Phone

get the 9780 bold. its a nice phone. also get in white. it just looks irrestible. :P

Thread Starter #3

Right type-r I would see to it that white is available at the time of buying. But what is your view on performance ? Any idea about usability of these two phones !

performance is great of bold. have not seen the curve in depth yet. also bold is compatible with OS6 though not sure of OS7.

Thread Starter #5

Yes Bold is working on OS6 and curve is on OS7. I have also checked that CPU in curve is 800 MHz and in bold it is 624 MHz. That makes Curve a better phone as far as usability is concerned but again there is a major draw back. Curve's battery type is 1000 mAh and Bold's 1500 mAh. So I am doubtful about the battery life of Curve because I consider usage at my end on a high side.

Too confused. [frustration]what to do !

get the 9780 bold. its a nice phone. also get in white. it just looks irrestible. :P
Right type-r I would see to it that white is available at the time of buying. But what is your view on performance ? Any idea about usability of these two phones !
Yes Bold is working on OS6 and curve is on OS7. I have also checked that CPU in curve is 800 MHz and in bold it is 624 MHz. That makes Curve a better phone as far as usability is concerned but again there is a major draw back. Curve's battery type is 1000 mAh and Bold's 1500 mAh. So I am doubtful about the battery life of Curve because I consider usage at my end on a high side.

Too confused. [frustration]what to do !
You are basically comparing the current Curve to the previous Bold. The Bold is a superior phone. Curve is basically a stripped down BB meant for those who just want a BB. There real business users (I guess you are one) always go for the Bold. Why don't you go for the latest Bold.

Thread Starter #7

@ Peter, I am referring to Bold 9780 and Curve 9360. So are you saying 9780 is an old phone [confused]. Because the dealer told me 9780 is the successor of 9700 and 9360 is of 9300.

Now, I am 100% confused. :stupid:

The 9790 Bold is a better option then the Bold 9780
The Bold 9780 is relatively old now.
The 9790 has a better processor and Os7.
But it cost 3k more than the 9780.

Thread Starter #10

The 9790 Bold is a better option then the Bold 9780
The Bold 9780 is relatively old now.
The 9790 has a better processor and Os7.
But it cost 3k more than the 9780.
Oh ! My mistake dealer never told me about 9790 nor I explored further beyond these two models. I will have a look at it for sure.

3K is too much when I am already stretching my limit by good 4-5k. Let me see the pros and cons. You are also requested to share some first hand information in this regards.

Thanks for bringing it in my notice.

Thread Starter #11

Friends,

Now I have changed my mind a little and now planning to go for a Samsung Galaxy series. What are your thoughts on Galaxy R and Galaxy S Plus as Galaxy S2 is beyond my reach.

Which one is better and any hands on experience.

Re: Wanted To Buy a New Phone (Dropped the idea of Blackberry)

1.s2 .since it is beyond the reacd
2.get galaxy s plus .
I am following from the day one of this thread since you are struck with BB I didn't comment .
Now good choice enjoy your new toy.

Thread Starter #13
Re: Wanted To Buy a New Phone (Dropped the idea of Blackberry)

1.s2 .since it is beyond the reacd
2.get galaxy s plus .
I am following from the day one of this thread since you are struck with BB I didn't comment .
Now good choice enjoy your new toy.
Thanks Maximas, but what is your view on Galaxy R because in S Plus only the screen is good (Amoled) otherwise R has flash, 1GB RAM, dual core 1G processor etc.

Re: Want To Buy a New Phone (Dropped the idea of Blackberry)

I had not came across the R still .But s2 and S plus I had worked on them .Both are a class apart from normal Samsung mobiles .

Re: Want To Buy a New Phone (Dropped the idea of Blackberry)

Go for Galaxy R, with Tegra 2 processor it is powerful than Galaxy S and S plus. At 20k, its not expensive either. You might miss the Amoled, but the LCD in R is among the best LCD displays around. It will also get ICS update.

Top Bottom