'Wait and Buy' Car Models in India

Thread Starter #1
Friends, shall we share the knowledge about the current models which is having a huge waiting line of customers. In my knowledge Swift is the one of models which still having the ‘wait and buy’ concept. Any idea about what are the other model having such demand and supply gap?. Also let us share our experience when we come across these wait and buy kind of models.

Re: 'Wait and buy' models

Friends, shall we share the knowledge about the current models which is having a huge waiting line of customers. In my knowledge Swift is the one of models which still having the ‘wait and buy’ concept. Any idea about what are the other model having such demand and supply gap?. Also let us share our experience when we come across these wait and buy kind of models.
Aria is the other car from TATA, In Bangalore i have come only across 3 or 4 vehicles till now.
They are also lagging in propduction due to the infotainment system they are sourcing from China.

The new Jazz has a waiting period of @ 4-5 months in Blore. Its combined effect of increase in demand due to price cut and delay in shippment of parts from Japan.

Bolero has 6 weeks of waiting period.
Fortuner has 6 months of waiting period.
Innova has 2.5 months.

The cars which come to my mind for now are.

Swift , Fortuner , Aria , Dzire , Fluidic Verna and i20 CRDI (some cases).

These are the cars with waiting period in Chennai. Innova doesn't have much waiting period here.

Re: 'Wait and Buy' Car Models

Innova has a waiting period of 6 months
Corolla Altis Diesel has a waiting period of 3 months
Fortuner 2 months
Swift 3 months
Etios and Liva Diesel 2 months
Fluidic Verna 3 months

enquired about verna fluidac, first they told no bookings, next waiting period is whooping:rolleyes: 8 months

8 months waiting period is way too much !! Sometimes feel is it really the fact or the hype created [frustration]

Actually Fluidic Verna Diesel 1.6 SX only has so much waiting period. All other models are available within a month or two.

Alert Alert Bookings for swift is stopped due to delay in the productions[shock]

Reason:The strike in the Manesar plant has made the production capacity to decrease the productivity.

guess what the bookings crossed 90000.So in order to clear the back log of the current bookings the dealerships have stopped taking bookings now.

The waiting period of swift models in Bangalore now is:
ZDI:8 months
VDI & LDI:6 Months

All petrol models:2-3 months

In pune
Swift Diesel 6 months. Petrol 4 months
Dezire - 6 months

Fortuner - 9+ months
Etios - 3 months
Verna - 8+ months
I20 - 2 months

Aria - 2 months

Surprised to hear Fortuner has only 2 months waiting period in Kerala alone , rest of the places the waiting period seems to be the same 8-9 months.

Also i forgot to mention Vento TDI here. It has a waiting period of 6 months for diesel alone. Petrol models can be got very easily.

Top Bottom