Wagon-R or K series Estilo?

So what have you decided? BTW you are mentioning Beat only right? How come you din like its looks? It looks very futuristic and lot better than some of the Hatches present!

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Beat is a much better and advanced option than spark or even estilo and has futuristic styling but each to his own. If you can manage to purchase a Chevy then give a try to Beat, It is a suitable car for Long-Term, otherwise wait for the New Wagon-R.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35
Guys, had been to showroom to do a check up on my car yesterday. Did a through check up. Odo was reading 19km, saw the VIN, the last 2 alphabets were AA, which translates into Jan/2010 model. The sales rep confirmed WagonR k-series by March/April. Besides, have been having a this thought at the back of my mind for a while. What would you say?

We know some contacts in Toyota LTD, hence we can get a company maintained Quallis. Preferably top end. What should I look for in Quallis in case I ditch thr estilo/wagon R idea? How old a vehicle should I buy.

I know this is a MPV vs car comparison and is irrational. I am not convinced about my uncle's Quallis idea. We will already have a diesel car( delivery morrow), hence I see no need for another diesel.
I am still vouching for the k-series WagonR. Quallis is just an afterthought

350Z

Core Team
Buying a Hatchback or a UV completely depends on you. To make it easier, If the car won't be seating more than 2-3 people with little luggage at most of the trips, What a huge car like Qualis has to do here? but on other hand, As the company itself will be taking care of vehicle, There doesn't seems to be any harm but again, This is purely personal.

My suggestion would be to wait for new Wagon-R. If you'll like it, Go for it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am not sure if the maruti SA has given you the correct information.

Financial Express
The country’s largest passenger car manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki India, is working on a new engine, which would replace the existing engines of its 800 cc hatchback Alto and 1.1 litre Wagon R. Once the automaker replaces the existing engine of these two high-selling cars, it is expected that it would be in a position to lower their prices significantly, which would help it rev up sales.

The new engine would be more powerful and would be the next revolutionary change after the KB Series engine, fitted in Estillo, Ritz and A Star.

The new engine is codenamed YP3. Currently F8D engines are fitted in Alto and Wagon R.

Maruti has already started procuring components for YP3, to be fitted in these two cars by year-end. The new engine will have two variants with two cylinders and three cylinders for Alto and Wagon R, respectively.

There is already an error in that report - Maruti is not going to be making any 2-pots!!
So well, can we assume an error in the reported implementation date too?
And the deadline for E-IV remains, does it not?
MSIL is not going to hurt its sales by limiting these top selling models to the non E-IV cities.

Thread Starter #39
Buying a Hatchback or a UV completely depends on you. To make it easier, If the car won't be seating more than 2-3 people with little luggage at most of the trips, What a huge car like Qualis have to do here? but on other hand, As the company itself will be taking care of vehicle, There doesn't seems to be any harm but again, This is purely personal.

My suggestion would be to wait for new Wagon-R. If you'll like it, Go for it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Precisely my point, why a seven seater when my 5 seater does the job? Let's see how it works out.

I am not sure if the maruti SA has given you the correct information.

Financial Express
Are you sure about it? In that case, maybe all my options would have to reconsidered.

350Z

Core Team
There is already an error in that report - Maruti is not going to be making any 2-pots!!
So well, can we assume an error in the reported implementation date too?
And the deadline for E-IV remains, does it not?
MSIL is not going to hurt its sales by limiting these top selling models to the non E-IV cities.
Point valid. Does not looks so that New Wagon-R will take so long to release. The car has been already spied testing, Chances are that it'll roll out soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would like you to wait for the new WagonR!! Besides a used car means more costly maintenance. Even though your company takes all the responsibility of the maintenance , it will not be good if your car keeps visiting the showroom often!

And moreover Toyota has replaced the Qualis with the Innova. So the availability of the spares maybe another issue!

qualis is stopped 5 years before. to be exact in 2005 beginning itself it was stopped and innova was introduced. spares availibility is not a issue for qualis. parts are still avail easily with dealer and also outside.

Top Bottom