Wagon R battery

Thread Starter #1
i am attaching a pic of under hood of wagonr. as you can see the battery seems to be the sealed one, but one of the fellow TAI member suggested that water can still be added, pls guide me how?

also the battery is in 4th year and still running very good.

if it really required water then i couldnt have last this long?

if water is to be added in these battery also then why they are called maintenance free? i mean what is the difference in these batteries and batteries with filler caps?

Attachments

Yes even i have the same doubt now! Am sure a battery will not last for 4 years without fluid topping if its a normal battery.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Our Estilo had similar Amaron battery, but it was not maintenance free and level needs to be checked. And it lived a short life. All the MF Batteries "I have seen" got charge indicators over the top. The above ones too have filler caps, indeed the two blocks lift up to open 3 chamber each, totalling 6.

i am attaching a pic of under hood of wagonr. as you can see the battery seems to be the sealed one, but one of the fellow TAI member suggested that water can still be added, pls guide me how?
Sorry buddy if you are refering me in this case. [roll]

I think these are not the sealed ones! The yellow coloured flap can be removed out and there you have slots to fill water. Instead if six caps, they have given one single flap.
I have this similar kind of so called 'sealed ones' in my bike also. Earlier I also thought that these does not needs water filling and all; but at the service centre the truth was out.
I have clearly mensioned that 'I THINK'! Also I was refering to my bike's battery, which had similar covering. Thats it!

Thread Starter #5
Sorry buddy if you are refering me in this case. [roll]

I have clearly mensioned that 'I THINK'! Also I was refering to my bike's battery, which had similar covering. Thats it!
dont worry brother. i am just want clear my doubts, nothing against you. may be my language is wrongs, sorry for that.

cheers!!![cheers]

Our Estilo had similar Amaron battery, but it was not maintenance free and level needs to be checked. And it lived a short life. All the MF Batteries "I have seen" got charge indicators over the top. The above ones too have filler caps, indeed the two blocks lift up to open 3 chamber each, totalling 6.
i checked today in my honda city there is indicator mentioning the statues of battery. red is for low distilled water and blue for okay status.

Last edited:
I hope the cap can be removed .
the single cap covers all the three cell in one side .
use a screw driver at sides to open them up.

As the picture is not clear , i cant say them 100% . But i hope that one in picture is openable

ilango[speed thirst];57411 said:
I hope the cap can be removed .
the single cap covers all the three cell in one side .
use a screw driver at sides to open them up.

As the picture is not clear , i cant say them 100% . But i hope that one in picture is openable
This was what I wanted to explain you 'anmol' in the other thread![roll]

But if that's the case will the battery last for 4 years without fluid topping even once?

Anmol was the car regularly used?

Looks like none of the A.S.S make it a point to check the battery fluid level![frustration]

@ Anmol Try checking the manual of your City , the type of battery maybe mentioned there.

Suddenly seeing this i remembered this thread in the worskshop[thumbsup]
Found one in workshop and clicked pics to demonstrate.

Picture one

exact sample
picture two

use help of screw driver if the bat cover is old or greasy as in this
Picture three

open and ready to fill

Picture four

life time maintenance free bat - this one was in the ikon[evil]

Attachments

deville_56

Honoured Member
Looks like none of the A.S.S make it a point to check the battery fluid level![frustration]

@ Anmol Try checking the manual of your City , the type of battery maybe mentioned there.
Mine they filled to brim, shorting two cells. [frustration] and them made me break down often and those fools were not able to trouble shoot and I changed the battery [anger]
-----------Next Post-----------
ilango[speed thirst];57574 said:
Suddenly seeing this i remembered this thread in the worskshop[thumbsup]
Found one in workshop and clicked pics to demonstrate.

Picture one

exact sample
picture two

use help of screw driver if the bat cover is old or greasy as in this
Picture three

open and ready to fill

Picture four

life time maintenance free bat - this one was in the ikon[evil]

How long did it last?

Last edited:

Top Bottom