Wagon-R Audio System Upgrade Advice

Thread Starter #16
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I seem to be pretty sure to buy the below combination.
Amp: Sony - Xplod - XM-N1004 - 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier (1000 W) for Rs 4500.
Sub: JBL GTX 1250 Bass tube. 12" with 1200 watt. For Rs 5000.
Coax speakers: JBL - GT6 S699 - 300W 6''x9 '' 3-Way Full Range Speaker (Pair Of Speakers) for Rs 3200 a pair.
Howevef, before finalising would need your suggestions whether this combo is good enough considering the quality of sound (most important factor) and the amount spent for the same.
Also from where should I get tgis all installed? I asked Maruti Dealer from whom I bought the car if they can install these equipments. What they said is that if I install any component tgat is not approvex as Maruti Genuine Accessory, ths warranty of my car will be VOID. They said that in cass there is a fault in my vehicle in future and whethed it us caused because of the ICE upgrade or not it would not be covered under warranty. Is there a way around this that I can get the equipments installed and still keep the car's warranty intact?
Regards.

Hi,

I have an amplifier and sub-woofer which was used in my previous car. Now i bought a WagonR VXI. Since the integrated music system doesn't has RCA output, I can't install the sub-woofer in the new car. I don't like to change the music system, as the integrated music system looks well on the dashboard. So I ordered this Line to RCA converter from ebay (High TO LOW RCA CAR Stereo Speaker Level Converter KIT | eBay).

I would like to know if the OEM stereo will provide good quality sound to the sub-woofer. Has anyone installed subwoofer in Wagon R OEM Stereo? Please share your experience.

Hi,

I have an amplifier and sub-woofer which was used in my previous car. Now i bought a WagonR VXI. Since the integrated music system doesn't has RCA output, I can't install the sub-woofer in the new car. I don't like to change the music system, as the integrated music system looks well on the dashboard. So I ordered this Line to RCA converter from ebay (High TO LOW RCA CAR Stereo Speaker Level Converter KIT | eBay).

I would like to know if the OEM stereo will provide good quality sound to the sub-woofer. Has anyone installed subwoofer in Wagon R OEM Stereo? Please share your experience.
Power and Quality of bass will depend upon your amp and Sub only.

But I want to know the experience from someone who did the same setup (A sub-woofer with the OEM speakers )
Cars have different brands and quality OEM speakers , some are of good quality and others are of average .
I am running OEM speakers along with Sub and amp in my Optra. And they are doing their duty from 10 years.

If the OEM speakers in your WagonR are Nippon dual-cone speakers, they're not very good. Replacing them would probably be a good starting point.

I've seen other members on here saying that the WagonR factory HU is rather capable, but I've never tested it thoroughly myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62frwSpwPHY

Finally I intalled the subwoofer. But the sound quality didn't meet my expectation. I hope it is because of the cheap items (Line to RCA converter, Amplifier and Dainty woofer) I have used in my setup.

I am planning to upgrade this soon with a sony or kenwood amplifier and woofer. Expecting a great music experience from that.

Top Bottom