VW Polo & Vento Equipped with ABS: No EBD and Brake Assist?

Thread Starter #1
As per the official brochure of VW, polo and vento comes with only abs.I think many do not know about it,i dint find any discussion anywhere regarding this.All competitors of vento offer ABS WITH EBD & BRAKE ASSIST.

AMG

Suspended
Re: Vw vento and vw polo equpped only with abs,no ebd and brake assist

Which hatchback has EBD.
Do kindly let me know. (Sarcasm)

AFAIK, there is no EBD in any car below the Laura. Even the Cruze doesnt have it.

Thread Starter #3
@AMG

ya even chevy cruse is not equipped with EBD.

Following cars are equipped with ABS & EBD
1)Fluidic verna
2)maruti suzuki sx4(has brake assist also)
3)Fiat linea
4)maruti suzuki swift(has brake assist too)
5)hyundai i20
6)Fiat grande punto
7)Ford Figo
8)ford fiesta
many more
I guess u got confused with ESP.

Re: Vw vento and vw polo equpped only with abs,no ebd and brake assist

Which hatchback has EBD.
Do kindly let me know. (Sarcasm)

AFAIK, there is no EBD in any car below the Laura. Even the Cruze doesnt have it.
How do you know that it is not available anything lower than Laura ? We all believe what the SA or car brochure says. Skoda Fabia has it and so does Figo (as per brochure at least).

Following two pictures are just downloaded from the respective vehicle site and they support it.[:)]

By the way, is there a mechanism to check whether a car is equipped with EBD ? If yes, please share some lights.

Note: Added VW Polo online picture and does not say anything about EBD or EBC.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
@point_city96 Sorry forgot to mention HONDA.Honda offers these saftety features in all variants of jazz and city. VW wake up!!!

@shailinder Skoda fabia has abs and brake assist,but no ebd.see carefully the pic u posted its not ebd its ebc.i just checked skoda india website

Last edited by a moderator:
@shailinder Skoda fabia has abs and brake assist,but no ebd.see carefully the pic u posted its not ebd its ebc.i just checked skoda india website
I have also mentioned the same in the notes, please check that. To me they are some what related and works together with ABS. Moreover, the point is whether we have EBD on lower models (eg: Laura) or not.

EBC (Engine Braking Control) and EBD (Equal Brake Distribution). [:)]

Thread Starter #8
@shailinder
Engine Braking Control (EBC) prevents the driven wheels from locking owing to the braking effect of the engine when the accelerator pedal is suddenly released, or the vehicle is braked with a gear engaged.

Electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD or EBFD), Electronic brakeforce limitation (EBL) is an automobile brake technology that automatically varies the amount of force applied to each of a vehicle's brakes, based on road conditions, speed, loading, etc.

New swift is equipped with ABS,EBD,BRAKE ASSIST,EBC. Well done MARUTI SUZUKI[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
@AMG what information i have posted is from the official sites of manufacturers.
i believe official websites are more reliable.just check jetta or passat in VW official website,they do have ebd

Dear fellow members..

I kindly wanna let you know few facts.

Abs .. Prevent from locking the tyres

Ebd - helps abs how and how much braking is needed for each wheels according to speed, rate of vehicle lean and acceleration on XYZ axis,
Abs blindly works with speed sensor as a input so that it just makes wheel not to lock.

It applies for all four wheels weather its drum or disc.

Where the ebd comes here is.. When all wheels break with abs, if u turn or if you are doing it in a corner, EBD system AKA( just a program update with a vehicle lean and pitch sensor, takes input and let's know abs system how much break force needed for proper braking for each wheels..
While cornering outside wheels have more traction so it can have more break pressure than inside wheel...but this makes vehicle to over steer and but abs system only knows outside wheel has more traction and it keeps on applying more braking so car steers outside more loosing rear grip, ending up loosing traction on rear inside wheel..

To put things into perspective, cars which has less body roll , over steers far less than other cars...

And Bosch has two ABS modules
1 with EBD and sensors
2 without EBD and a partial EBD program using steering position to calculate the vehicle turning and pitching is calculated virtually using wheel speed sensor..

Performance difference with with and without EBD is just 20% more.. And cars with less CG and less body roll can actually perform better than cars with Abs and Ebd with more body roll and high center of gravity..

And VAG cars have Bosch's advanced car safely programs inbuilt than other Japanese cars with 2014 ABS program.. Lisensed from BOSch..

Top Bottom