Vroooom from a Fellow Petrol Head

Thread Starter #1
A warm hello to all fellow TAIians,

I have just signed up for TAI so I felt that this introduction was the first thing to do from my end.

In Oct/Nov/Dec 11, I was doing a lot of online research and comparison to buy my first car. This is when I came across this lovely website/online community/automotive forum. Needless to say, I have been hooked on ever since.

Finally purchased baby (Hyundai i10 ERA 1.1 iRDE2) on the 2nd Dec 2011 and am fully satisfied with it. I am aware that most TAIians recommend the kappa powerplant for the i10 (Can't help it, we are BHP hungry). But I found the iRDE more suited to my budget and driving pattern, hence the decision.

Coming back to the intro, I am an electronics engineer by education and Manager - Transformation & Development by profession.

My age - lets just say that I am roughly 2 years younger than anyone who is reading this. You do the math [;)]

Born in Pune and brought up in Mumbai (Am a true blue bambaiya by heart).

I have been passionate about automobiles since college days. I used to buy Autocar magazines while my friends purchased PC Quest and Chip magazines.

Need for Speed was our college's official computer game, and we used to have night long tournaments on Saturday nights. We used to have that in my previous organization as well (Competition between departments)

I am also interested in gadgets - mobiles, laptops, DSLR's etc.

Experimental photography is what I love (More inclined to Nature/Animal photography). I love the calm that wilderness engulfs you with.

I started driving cars rather late. Used to pity the car drivers in Mumbai till I became one of them. You need to have a lot of skill and patience to drive a 4- wheeler in Mumbai's chaotic traffic.

I can be spotted in Mumbai commuting on one of the following:
1. My feet
2. Hyundai i10 ERA (Silver)

Walking is my most preferred way of commuting for short distances. Walking keeps you fit, plus you don't have to worry about traffic cops, traffic lights, traffic jams and parking space. Based on the kms I have covered walking, I would be in for a serious overhaul if I were a car. I wish I had a (ped)odometer to keep track of my personal mileage.

My car is almost in stock condition (except for the essential accessories) and I intend to keep it that way for some time. Am looking at changing the stock tyres to a 175/70 R13 config.

About my driving style - Though I am a spirited driver, I prefer to drive within my limits (In Mumbai you have no choice). I have touched the 3 figure mark (100 km/hr) probably a couple of times on the highway. I believe in enjoying myself while driving.

Here are some of my road rules:

1. Always maintain distance from female drivers (never unnerve them, they are good drivers, just respect that thought)
2. Always follow traffic rules even if there is no one watching
3. Avoid overtaking from wrong side
4. Never get involved in road rage, especially with rickshawalla's
5. Do not to use high beam in the city
6. Treat your ride like your baby. Keep her beautiful on the outside and healthy on the inside.

My future cars - well I have just purchased my first car, so it will be some time before I buy the next one. But I wish to own a Honda Sedan some day. Wonder if there would be any petrol/diesel left by that time I am ready for my next car.

I am glad to know that there are so many TAI members and moderators from Mumbai. Would love to meet you guys some day.

Regards,
Steeroids (Dont go by the name am totally against artificial stimulants)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard steeroids.It was really nice reading about you.In fact it was a complete introduction which has nearly everything one needs to mention in his/her intro.
By the way,your words are giving an impression of a hardcore car lover.

Warm Welcome to TAI, Steeroids and thanks for the detailed intro.
Look forward to your active participation in the forum and also ownership threads highlighting your experiences.

Best Wishes

350Z

Core Team
I have just signed up for TAI so I felt that this introduction was the first thing to do from my end. In Oct/Nov/Dec 11, I was doing a lot of online research and comparison to buy my first car. This is when I came across this lovely website/online community/automotive forum. Needless to say, I have been hooked on ever since.
Jaiveer, Great introduction. Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. It’s nice to see a long term visitor as a member now. Please enjoy your surfing experience and feel free to reach out to our team in case of any assistance related to the forum. :smile:

My future cars - well I have just purchased my first car, so it will be some time before I buy the next one. But I wish to own a Honda Sedan some day. Wonder if there would be any petrol/diesel left by that time I am ready for my next car.
Honda certainly cannot afford to miss the Diesel car market in India. Expect City Diesel sometime soon http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...diesel-engine-beat-competition.html#post78379.

Need for Speed was our college's official computer game, and we used to have night long tournaments on Saturday nights. We used to have that in my previous organization as well (Competition between departments)
Experimental photography is what I love (More inclined to Nature/Animal photography). I love the calm that wilderness engulfs you with.
A few interesting links:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/member-s-lounge/557-your-best-photographs.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/gadgets-more/151-your-favourite-pc-games.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/member-s-lounge/4878-wildlife-photography-shots.html

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-need-speed-most-wanted-trailer-released.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome 350Z, Iron Rock, Dodge V1per & ParC[:)]

@350Z - Thanks for sharing these links, will be going through each of them and also posting my shots as well.

@Iron Rock - Will look forward to actively participating in the forum and also post ownership threads highlighting my experiences

Top Bottom