Volvo Brings Cheaper Models of S60, S80 and XC60

Thread Starter #1
Volvo India has just launched three new variants of its existing car line up including the S60 sedan, the S80 sedan and the XC60 crossover. All three models now get Volvo’s D3 diesel engine which is a downsized and detuned variant of the five cylinder inline twin turbo diesel D5 engine. The D3 diesel engine now displaces 2 liters instead as opposed to the 2.4 liters that the bigger engine displaces. The new D3 engine is already available in Volvo cars at markets abroad and the new engine produces a peak power of 163 Bhp while peak torque comes in at 400 Nm. Volvo has introduced this engine in the base Kinetic diesel variants of the S60, S80 and XC60. The new base diesel variants of these cars come with a very attractive prices, and Volvo is even offering a straight 70,000 rupee inaugural discount on all the three D3 diesel engined models as a deal sweetener. The inaugural discount will last until the end of March 2012. The Volvo S60 D3 diesel will be priced at INR 23.9 lakhs, the S80 at INR 31.9 lakhs and the XC60 at INR 33.9 lakhs. Combined with the 70,000 rupee discount, the prices of the S60, S80 and the XC60 are INR 22.2 lakhs, 31.2 lakhs and 33.2 lakhs, all prices reflective of ex-showroom Delhi figures.

This killer pricing makes the Volvo cars brilliant value for money, more so considering that none of these cars are assembled in India. Being CBUs, the D3 diesel variants’ pricing only reflects Volvo’s seriousness about the Indian market, a market in which the Chinese owned Swedish brand wants to grab 15% of the luxury car market share by 2020. Despite the cut prices, features like leather seating, laser assisted automated braking (city safety) and xenon lights with auto corner bending are standard across variants. This is in addition to the full complement of safety features like ABS, ESP and airbags. At these prices, the Volvo D3 variants will give serious competition to the German rivals like BMW, Mercedes Benz and Audi, who continue to enjoy one big advantage over Volvo, of that of more sales and service outlets in India. Volvo currently has seven sales and service outlets in as many cities in India and will have to increase this number quickly. That said, expect to see a sharp increase in sales of all these models in the coming months as prospective luxury car buyers in these cities could line up to buy the cut price D3 diesel variants for the sheer value it brings to the table.

Volvo S60 D3 Diesel sedan
* Interior Air Quality System
* Leather upholstery
* Volvo Sensus with a touch interface showcase
* Laser Assisted Automatic Braking – City Safety
* Whiplash Protection
* Dynamic Stability Traction Control
* Turn with Steering lights (Active Bending Lights)

Volvo S80 D3 Diesel Sedan
* Electronic Climate Control and Interior Air Quality System
* Volvo S80’s newly designed leather wrapped interior promises more luxury
* Laser Assisted Automatic Braking – City Safety technology
* Whiplash Protection

Volvo XC60 D3 Diesel Crossover
* Roll Stability Control
* Emergency Brake Assist
* Whiplash Protection System
* Side Impact Protection System
* Laser Assisted Automatic Braking – City Safety
* High ground clearance

source - Volvo India launches cut price D3 engined variants of the S60, S80 sedans and the XC60 crossover! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Attachments

The prices mentioned are still out of reach of people who want to buy cars that give stability on the road along with comfort. These cars only cater to the niche class who have deep pockets an ordinary middle class family cannot own one in the near future

I personally lost interest in Volvo the day when it was taken over by Chinese co.
Sometimes I feel what if tyre falls apart mid-way, it being Chinese [lol].

My friend recently drove the S60 petrol in Hyderabad,i knew & even he told me it was really fast apparently it slows down if you are cutting too close to other cars at high speed,the dealership can have it disengaged if you request them.But i guess diesel should boost sales a bit in our diesel crazy country!

Top Bottom