Volkswagen Vento Road Test Drive Review

I just test drove Vento TSI for 7 kms.Below is my impressions

What I liked
1)Super quick DSG,in D mode it reached D7 with no effort,can't even notice the shifts.I'm stunned.

What I didn't like
1)Absolutely lifeless steering akin to toy car,the executive says it will be better after they do some routine things before PDI,I don't know.Does the cars come from factory without settings?Vento owners please clarify.
2)Very firm suspension,can feel all imperfections on road.
3)Left knee is hitting centre console.

If you are into spirited driving the steering maybe a sore point.
Regards,
Aneesh.

@Aneesh: I am not a vento owner but I have good experience with VW cars, since 2 of my best friends own a Jetta 2.0 TDI AT & VW Polo 1.2 TDI & been to VW service centre whenever they needed my help. I have nothing to complain about Jetta except for the service part. But VW polo's steering is very light...over-responsive is the apt word.You rightly said about suspension & the steering. During spirited driving it becomes very problematic to judge the steering responsiveness. The reason behind it is Electronic steering Assist is continuous, so it becomes even lighter when you are at high speeds. And never trust a sales executive, most of them don't know what they are talking about & all they care about is selling the car...There is no way that steering is going to be better before PDI or after PDI. There is only one way to improve the steering responsiveness & it's the hard way...you need to connect to the car's ECU using your VAG-COM cable & do some settings..( I don't know have complete knowledge of what those settings are, there were many settings to fiddle with but as far as I know it weighs up your steering by reducing the power assistance. And don't know how far it is reliable so stayed away from it...but some people got it done by going for an after market suspension & tyre upgrade & there by tuning their ECU settings.

I don't what these people at dealerships can do, that Professionals at VW factory couldn't do [surprise] !

VW Vento Preferred Special Edition launched.
The Preferred edition sees the addition of features such as alloy wheels (the pre-facelifted Vento’s design is used here), side door protectors, chrome embellishment on the window lines, door visors, boot spoiler and a ‘Preferred’ badge on the bootlid.

On the inside, the Vento Preferred adds a reverse camera display which also doubles up as a navigation system

The Vento Preferred can be had with a petrol or a diesel engine option. Both engines displace 1.6-liters and come with a 5-speed manual transmission.
Prices and offers yet to be announced.

Volkswagen Vento Comfortline Boot

I, Rented a Volkswagen Vento Comfortline. It comes with a flip key the boot button i pressed nothing happened. Above the number plate usually there is a button to open the boot. But in a Volkswagen Vento there is no button. What is it's use. Please Tell Me.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Volkswagen Vento Comfortline Boot

I, Rented a Volkswagen Vento Comfortline. It comes with a flip key the boot button i pressed nothing happened. Above the number plate usually there is a button to open the boot. But in a Volkswagen Vento there is no button. What is it's use. Please Tell Me.
There's no separate boot unlock button in Volkswagen cars. It's integrated with the logo instead.

VW-Logo-Boot-Opener.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom